Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: P&L question

P&L question 07 Nov 2010 10:36 #34842

• thinkbig
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone. I have been reading a lot of the forums and finally decided to register. Wow, there is a lot of great info here!

Like a lot of other people here I am in the process of putting together a business plan for a 5 screen theater. Does anyone have, or know a good resource to get, a list of expenses an operational theater has for day to day operation? Or maybe a blank P&L that someone would like to share? I did see one post that said to figure on 20% for expenses; is that accurate, does everyone agree?

I apologize if this is a taboo question. I'm still learning my way around.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:P&L question 07 Nov 2010 19:41 #34844

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I would figure on a profit ratio of 25 to 30 per cent of total gross. Others
may differ with this figure though this is what I typically run. I would suggest hiring one of the may capable consultants for more detailed info. If you are planning a five screen you are probably looking at an investment of 500k to 1.5 million. For between a 1000 and 5000 dollars you can get the benefit of a lot of years experience from a consultant-a drop in the bucket compared to what you are about to spend. Do a search on this site for the many industry pros who are available for hire. Good Luck

Re:P&L question 08 Nov 2010 23:22 #34850

• thinkbig
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Narrow Gauge. I appreciate the response.
I have been in contact with someone as a consultant. I'm just not at the stage to bring them on yet and won't hesitate, when the time is right, to spend the money for the expertise and the experience.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction