Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista

here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista 05 Nov 2010 16:50 #34834

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
A few years ago a sleep walking truck driver in the middle of the night took away a print that had been delivered by another service. This same thing has just happened to another theatre I book for. Technicolor delivered Mega Mind and later in the afternoon UPS (they have a key) with a pick up order for Alpha and Omega walked in and picked up Mega Mind. We are scrambling to retrieve and track down the print but will miss Friday night!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista 05 Nov 2010 17:07 #34835

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
For this reason, and few other reasons, I do not give keys to print delivery personal. Since I know what prints are coming and going, and on what days, I make arrangements with the delivery services to meet the driver during a certain window, usually 1-2 hours, which works for both of us. A little less convenient, but I've never had them steal a print that was not supposed to be picked up.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re:here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista 05 Nov 2010 17:46 #34837

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I am also personally involved with UPS when they pick up and deliver, though I haven't had his particular problem with them (did with DHL, though).

Frankly, I'm surprised this could happen, if they use the same system that is in place here.

Pickup notices are barcoded, as are the print cartons. UPS scans both when picking up prints, and if the codes don't match, the scanner lets them know, both audibly and visually.

If they use those scanners (I thought they were nationwide), and if the driver had done so at your site (which they should), then this should not have happened.

Re:here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista 06 Nov 2010 15:53 #34841

• Mike
  • Administrator
this is in a small town in TX and I think things are much much more casual and less organized due to the minimal profit motive/ the film went to California and the earliest they could get in a print was Saturday/ you'd think he would have scanned it but he didn't / often the driver comes with an adhesive label and after that it's scanning just fine. Wrong film but other than that.... fine/
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista 07 Nov 2010 21:58 #34848

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Pretty interesting, Mike.

I wouldn't have thought it would be possible. I thought the adhesive labels (with the print name on them) and the print barcodes would all have to match up. Maybe not.

I'll ask my local driver, though. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Re:here's a rare one: UPS took MegaMind away by mista 08 Nov 2010 15:17 #34849

• Mike
  • Administrator
I am sure he did not scan the box he was picking up and simply stuck his labels on the box and then scanned it as having been picked up. It does happen and can really leave you in the muck. My suggestion is have two different places for drop off and pick up and do not rely on scanners or sticker readers.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction