Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: booking aids

booking aids 25 Apr 2000 19:43 #348

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Because I book our three screen I subscribe to Box Office, Film Journal, IME, Variety, Entertainment Weekly, and Movie Line and read a bunch of papers each week. All to see what is coming, what's next, what's good, what will be a dog so that when I book I can choose between the good, the bad, and the uglies. I also use www.Aintitcoolnews.com and www.darkhorizons.com for insider looks at upcoming films. What else could I do? What do others do to keep themselve informed?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: booking aids 01 May 2000 18:07 #349

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Mike,

Do you get to go to pre-screening in your area. Most films in our area are prescreened way in advance for theatre owners and managers. They are shown early in the day, before the theatre is open for business.

Re: booking aids 02 May 2000 08:45 #350

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Unfortunately for me the screenings are in Boston area 200 miles away and I don't go often. I rely on ain't it cool news and buzzes in Variety, etc. I passed on Mission 2 for today but almost took the ride. The only one I've gone to was Star wars Phantom. How about you?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: booking aids 03 May 2000 02:34 #351

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
The screenings are usually, if not always in Milwaukee. Which is close to where I live. Timing is the main problem for me. They screen the films in the a.m hours, while I'm usually at my day job. Since I don't personally book anything, I usually will only take in a film that actually interests me. Seems that I am the one that usually puts the films together anyways, so I see them after makeup. Flintsones was so awful I was almost ready to shut the projector off and come in early the next day to run it through the platter.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction