Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Just back from NAC and boy did I get ideas!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just back from NAC and boy did I get ideas!

Just back from NAC and boy did I get ideas! 29 Jul 2010 13:17 #34405

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We are just back from the National Association of Concessionaires ( NAC ) convention in Houston. Yes not the best location for a July event but the facilities were great. We spent 4 days hearing speakers on topics from employee retention to menu labeling laws and alcohol sales. Overall it was a great education and the best part is meeting with and sharing ideas with people from the manufacturing side, stadiums and theatre owners.

Hey Slap, one of the most talked about topics was self serve for candy and snacks. Everyone had a positive experience who was doing or trying self serve. Sales went up in all cases and shrinkage only went up slightly. We also attended a ball game at Minute Maid Park and they even had chips, peanuts and bags of cotton candy on a rack in front of the concession for you to pick up and take to the cashier.

Beside the annual NAC convention, ( next year it’s in Anaheim Ca ) NAC offers training around the county on various concession management skills and they offer a concession manager certification program too. I think it is a great organization and a very friendly group. I would encourage all of you to check out their website. www.naconline.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Just back from NAC and boy did I get ideas! 29 Jul 2010 22:13 #34407

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I spoke in January at the ART HOUSE CONVERGENCE on that very topic .The quickest way to increase your per capita substantially is to use self serve candy counter.It seems to be really catching on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction