Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Child Ticket

Child Ticket 02 Jul 2010 20:35 #34236

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
So, for you old-timers or anyone else who knows: what has been the rational to not charge children under 4 for admittance to the theater.

We charge at 2-years of age. Our thinking, 3 years will usually sit through a movie and enjoy it so why not charge them.

2-year olds: you should probably leave them at home. B/c they will not sit still. I have a person her right now watching Eclipse; well they have been up and down at least 3x walking around the lobby and outside. Why encourage people to bring 2 year olds if they will cause problems?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Child Ticket 03 Jul 2010 14:14 #34240

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Anyone who occupies a seat should be charged. The only ones I never charged for were infants the mother held. I also favor a single price for all seats for all ages.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Child Ticket 04 Jul 2010 15:32 #34247

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
2-year olds: you should probably leave them at home. B/c they will not sit still.
My daughter is 2 years old. I am not going anywhere where I can't bring her.
Our thinking, 3 years will usually sit through a movie and enjoy it so why not charge them.
My thinking... they might not and then the family (parents, siblings, cousins & grandparents) will not return next week because they don't want to waste more money trying. So instead of seing the whole family every 2 weeks, I won't see them for 2 years.
Why encourage people to bring 2 year olds if they will cause problems?
:ohmy:
How about having a special "Mother & child" show once a week? This way you get a lot of the "problems" out of the way at once.

Jay

Re:Child Ticket 04 Jul 2010 17:22 #34250

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Jay,

Does your 2-year daughter make noise, want to get up and run around? or does she sit still and enjoy the movie? I am not saying people can't bring them in. Our child ticket is only $4.

As far as large families, we will not charge on the 2 year old in a large family. Plus we are the cheapest theater by far so, if they go somewhere else they will likely pay more even if their 2-3 year old is free elsewhere.

Again, what started this whenever it did? Has this always been the ways things have been?

Re:Child Ticket 05 Jul 2010 09:22 #34272

• Orpheum
  • Senior Boarder
Our policy is to charge for everyone except "Babes in Arms". When we get questioned on this I blame the film company. I do not worry about losing the few parents who would bring a small child to the movie only to be a disruption to everyone else. I consider this as important as controlling the teenagers who would disrupt, or cell phone usage in the auditorium. We must do everything possible to protect the uninterrupted quality of our presentations.

Re:Child Ticket 05 Jul 2010 09:48 #34273

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
well said, orpheum. this is our policy as well. if your kid is a disruption then leave the kid at home. they're not happy, the parents aren't happy, the people all around them aren't happy and I'm not happy either. hire a sitter
"What a crazy business"

Re:Child Ticket 05 Jul 2010 14:06 #34274

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
we are in the business of selling seats and they need to be enjoyble. There are very few infants or young kids that can be quiet through a movie and in general it's just not something parents should do. IMHO. But if you think they'll sit still and not bother people: then buy a ticket. If I was a restaurant I would not give away food to babies. :) By the way: when an infant arrives "babe in arms" the baby is free.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:Child Ticket 06 Jul 2010 10:52 #34287

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Babes in Arms are free 1 year and less. Most others if they aren't going to enjoy the movie then neither are the other 100 paying customers. If they do enjoy it because it is a Disney G rated movie then they should pay. That is what the film companies expect.

The chain by us does not allow children under 13 in to any R rated movie in the evening with or without a parent.

Re:Child Ticket 29 Jul 2010 23:09 #34408

• burnside
  • Fresh Boarder
There are more "kid" movies out now than 45 years ago; Disney has competition and with the quality of "How to train your Dragon," things are looking good.
I don't see any problem with a two-year old watching a kid movie. I went to a kid movie today with my wife and two toddlers. The seats filled up with families and kids, mine talked, fidgeted, and laughed at things adults wouldn't giggle at. Other kids did the same. I expect a little noise. What would be nice is a screen that is dedicated to children and families. I guess what I'm saying is kids do disrupt movies but we need them there. We need them for the rest of our lives.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction