Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Digital Emminent and how to pay for it?????
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Digital Emminent and how to pay for it?????

Digital Emminent and how to pay for it????? 15 Jun 2010 22:17 #34150

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
I am beginning to think that we have 24 mos to make the digital switch. The big three plan on having almost all of their screens done in two years. Many of the smaller regional chains have plans to convert in the next 12 mos.

What I am wondering how many of you plan to pay for this conversions. If you are a 1st run theater 100% of the time, you probably can qualify for VPFs. As for the rest of us, there are no VPFs. John Fithian was quoted recently that he thought the current VPF agreements in place were fair.

I see no way that I can come up with $50,000 per screen (that number assumes some decrease in cost over the next 24 mos). That times 4 screens.....wow! That is a lot of money. Many of you may feel that if you cannot come up with $200k, you should not be in this business. Maybe you are right.

I do not see the credit markets loosening up any time soon. Leasing equipment has been tougher of late. Plus those leasing companies charge an arm and a leg.

I have seen a few non-profit single screens raise the money to go digital. One in a community less than 1000 people. But, I have put too much time into this theater over the past 44 mos without the dream of some payout.

I hope we can come up with some ideas to raise the money. What about selling memberships that give some ongoing benefit to the members. Like $1000 gold memberships get you one free pass to every movie played for a year with free popcorn.

Anyone?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Digital Emminent and how to pay for it????? 15 Jun 2010 22:33 #34151

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
BTW a recent Cinedign release dated June 10, stated that 9 CBG members have signed agreements. As fo Jan 2009, CBG stated they had 294 full time 1st run members.

Re:Digital Emminent and how to pay for it????? 16 Jun 2010 01:08 #34152

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
NO WAY
48 MONTHS OR LATER---- I AM IN A CITY OF 102 SCREENS --12 --OR 14 ARE DIGITAL
MANY YEARS AWAY!

Re:Digital Emminent and how to pay for it????? 16 Jun 2010 09:11 #34153

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
Certainly a theater like yours that grosses $10k on a bad movie has much less to worry about than someone who would only gross $3k.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction