Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Theatre Licensing
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theatre Licensing

Theatre Licensing 02 Jun 2010 19:25 #34109

• CNicholas
  • Fresh Boarder
I am looking into opening a movie theatre. I am having a difficult time locating any stipulations or regulations requiring licensing for movie theatre operations. I have searched through various threads on this forum, and have worn out the Google machine. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Theatre Licensing 02 Jun 2010 22:57 #34110

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
The terms of licensing for films are set by the distributors of those films. You will find a list of distributors under "Directory" on the home page of this site. Licensing of the theatre itself (if any is required) is handled by the city or county in which you choose to operate the theatre. Welcome to the site and good luck.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Theatre Licensing 03 Jun 2010 09:33 #34111

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Search the forms here for words like: Terms, %, percentages, boxoffice, etc. I think you will find lots of information. Don't worry if the date is old it probably is still relavent.

There has been several debates here on the subject of what to use. I know one number several use is 55% to the film copany on average but that can run lower or higher depending on which movies you are playing so do some more searching here and you will have a good idea.

Aslo there are several film booking services listed on this site. You could consult with them too.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction