Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help!

Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help! 31 May 2010 15:54 #34086

• Dkiddo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.

I own a independent single-screen theater in Chicago. It was in operation from 1987 to 2001 where we had to shut down because the water cooled air-conditioner broke. The compressor is all messed up and it has to deal with the drive-shaft mostly.

I tried looking around the area, even calling up Carrier to see if they can fix it, even other air-conditioning companies with 50 years of experience, but none of them know how to fix the problem, with most of them saying "you should just buy a new air cooled chiller". Well I'm not in the position to spend $100,000+ on a new chiller at the moment, so I was wondering what others have done if they ever had a problem with their water cooled air-conditioner. Mine was made in the 60's. This is the biggest reason why the theater has been shut down for 9 years and I really need to find people who know how to fix it or else the theater just sits there and rots :(

Any advice? Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help! 01 Jun 2010 09:09 #34096

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You need to find a commercial HAVC guy. We just put in 4 20ton water cooled units a few years ago so they are still made and serviced. I am in Southern IL and my HAVC guy can work on these units so I have to think you have not contacted the right people yet. There has to be a lot of water cooled units in Chicago area.

Re:Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help! 01 Jun 2010 20:01 #34101

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Possibly your HVAC guy might be able to provide a referral to a qualified associate in the Chicago area? Networking networking :)

Re:Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help! 01 Jun 2010 22:16 #34102

• Dkiddo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Dynamic,

I was just about to reply and ask you if your HVAC had any contacts in the Chicago area that could help me out. Fixing the air conditioner is my number one priority at the moment and getting any help in this department would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Re:Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help! 02 Jun 2010 00:41 #34103

• Ken Layton
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Perhaps the League of Historic American Theaters or the Theatre Historical society can recommend a company experienced with that type/vintage of equipment.

Re:Can't find air-condition repairmen. Need help! 07 Jun 2010 19:56 #34124

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Checking back to see if you have found any HVAC help as of yet?

Most large commercial buildings and complexes (airports, hospitals, universities, etc.), use glycol/water based a/c systems whereas smaller zoned applications such as retail, dept store commonly use rooftop or other types of refrigerant based systems much larger but the same concept as home units.

If you haven't found any resources yet, I would search out HVAC contractors that work with the large types of institutions I have mentioned. Even if your job is too small for them, they will be familiar with the technology and should be able to provide some direction.

Good luck!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction