Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Digital Projectors? Or stick with film reels?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Digital Projectors? Or stick with film reels?

Digital Projectors? Or stick with film reels? 31 May 2010 15:48 #34085

• Dkiddo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys, this is my first post here at BSB. I own a single screen independent movie theater that has been out of business since 2001. I plan on re-opening it soon, and I was wondering if going to digital projection route would be wise, or if I should stick with the regular projectors i've been using since we opened in 1987.

I hear digital projectors can cost $100,000? Holy cow if that's the case I'll stick with what I have, even if it means paying a projectionist to work it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Digital Projectors? Or stick with film reels? 31 May 2010 15:58 #34087

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Perhaps one day film will no longer in use but I believe it will be with us for a long time yet. You can even get a 3D system in film. So I'd say stick with what you have but make sure it is in the best possible shape. Have a qualified service tech look it over and do what's necessary so you get optimal performance out of it. Good luck.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Digital Projectors? Or stick with film reels? 31 May 2010 16:28 #34090

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
IMHO; as of today, digital projection for a single screen seldom makes sense. Digital without 3d can run approx. $60,000.

Why has it been closed for 9 years? Is your equipment in good shape? If so, I would use for a bit longer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction