Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Locks on the preview cans are stupid

Locks on the preview cans are stupid 07 May 2010 08:42 #33896

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Why lock the can with the previews. We could have those together ahead of time. the codes also need to come sooner with midnight shows. Since the codes came so late the projectionist put the film together while showing the other movies and put on reel 5 backwards. Hard to recover from that at 1:30 in the morning.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Locks on the preview cans are stupid 07 May 2010 12:14 #33899

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
In a bad way I lucked out. We were very slow last evening so I started putting the movie together by 4:45 and was done by 6:30. All 8:30ish shows were dark so my sons and I watched IM2 starting at 9pm. For once a nice perk to having your own theater!

Re:Locks on the preview cans are stupid 07 May 2010 12:38 #33901

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I was irritated about the Paramount trailer pack. The note in the can made no sense. If I don't know what trailer it is, it doesn't go on the film. We got the email informing us of what was in the trailer pack after we were done building the print. With such a limited amount of time to build up, we didn't have time to fix it last night. Paramount and Deluxe did a very poor job this go-round. Not impressed.

Re:Locks on the preview cans are stupid 14 May 2010 00:45 #33960

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The most absurd part of the locks being on the canister for IRON MAN 2, was that since they already released the film the previous week internationally, the movie was pirated before the canisters were even delivered to the USA theatres.

I agree regarding the previews being locked up, there's no reason theatres shouldn't at least be able to get that part out of the way.

Regarding the Paramount trailer pack, I found that annoying as well, but could tell which trailers they were by the information on the DTS disk which included the encoding information for Shrek 4 and Last Airbender. While not as concrete as a properly labeled trailer, it was an easy enough assumption to make. Nonetheless, I made my displeasure known to the proper channels and was assured that future trailer packs will come with better identification.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction