Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Box Office Revenue Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Box Office Revenue Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Box Office Revenue Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 03 May 2010 04:46 #33881

• upperplay
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello~...Big question. Please~! God~ let me find somebody who can answer my questions~!

I guess there are 4 main parts in sharing the revenue.
1. Theater Owner, 2. Distributor, 3. Production, 4. Movie Investor.
One thing i am very curious about the US film market is 'How do they share the revenue,which generated from the BoxOffice'!!!!!

If a movie ticket cost $12 dollars. then how much money will be shared by each sectors(Theather Owner, Distributor, Production, Movie Investor)after $12 dollars collected from the Boxoffice.

Is there a certain rate(percentage) in sharing the revenue generated from the Boxoffice? like....Theater Owner gets $6 dollars among $12 dollars, and Distributor gets 20% of what it is left after Theater Owner takes its share($6 dollars), and how do 'production' and 'investor' share their revenue in what rate? is it 5:5? or what is it?
how much rate do the distributor gets in general as a distriubtion fee?

Please answer those questions it will be really helpful and i am in so need of answers~ if it's too long to anwser me back. you can e-mail me by
' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ' Thank you angain. best wishes for you~!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Box Office Revenue Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 03 May 2010 13:12 #33884

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Welcome to BSB. Most film rentals in the U.S. are based on percentages. The average is about 55% of the boxoffice gross. Sometimes there is a flat rental rate for older films (about $250.) and occasionally the percentage is higher. I've had Disney charge me as much as 90%. It all goes to the distributor who works as an agent for the company that made the film. How they divide it from there is anyone's guess. The theatre keeps what the distributor does not take.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction