Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cinema Grill

Cinema Grill 24 Apr 2010 20:46 #33831

• elvislvr
  • Senior Boarder
Does anyone have a grill at their theatre? We are looking for a way to set ourselves apart from the multiplexes in town and are thinking about putting in a grill to serve burgers, hotdogs, fries that customers can take into the theatre to eat during the movie. We have no "restaurant" experience, but we had no movie theatre experience when we reopened our five screen, so we aren't afraid to take it on, we just need some advice from others that are already doing it. Any input any of you can give is appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cinema Grill 24 Apr 2010 21:03 #33832

• BWT
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
if all else fails, take a look at Studio Movie Grill for inspiration:

www.studiomoviegrill.com/

Re:Cinema Grill 25 Apr 2010 02:33 #33835

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
A grill might be an excellent idea. But so is playing something different from the competition.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2010 02:34 by revrobor.

Re:Cinema Grill 25 Apr 2010 10:06 #33836

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Gold Medal has everything you need or to at least get an idea. Hot dogs, burgers and fries are simple and moneymakers. Also try to get different type of coffees and Iced coffees. As well as different type of teas. Try to take a more artsy feel than the local Multiplex. You have 5 screens so can play a little and book an art movie on one screen.
Also host weekend Matinees of kids movies. They sell concessions!

www.gmpopcorn.com/products/product-description.cfm?pid=3168

www.gmpopcorn.com/products/product-class...m?catid=16&classid=1
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2010 10:09 by jacker5.

Re:Cinema Grill 25 Apr 2010 16:30 #33837

• elvislvr
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the input. Since our theatre is located in an area with 3 other multiplexes it seems that everytime we try to start bringing in some art/indie the "big guy" in town decides he wants to so guess who ends up getting it? Last year we decided to committ to bringing in some art films. We brought in Henry Poole Was Here, Frozen River, Vicky Christina Barcelona and Rachel Getting Married. The paper did a nice write up for us and we started to get a bit of a following. Well, after the "big guy" saw what we were trying to do they started asking for titles like Slumdog, Hurt Locker, so we couldn't get them. That's why I need a good art/indie booker that can get me the titles I want without having to worry about the "big guy" pushing me out. My booker is strictly a mainstream title booker and really doesn't want to put the effort into helping us book other titles. I noticed in one of your other posts that you may be looking for a job, is that still the case? We own a single screen in Northeast Ohio that has been struggling ever since an 8 screen moved in about 2 miles away. We could use some help in running it as we don't live in Ohio.

Re:Cinema Grill 25 Apr 2010 17:15 #33838

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
E-mail me at: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:Cinema Grill 25 Apr 2010 17:32 #33839

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
We have been doing something similar in our single screen. We don't have a "grill" per se but we have been steaming hot dogs, and we just added a fryer for french fries, cheese sticks, chicken nuggets, etc. So far it has been only utilized some but we are hopeful for the future and have gotten a bit of a following. One thing that has helped us has been those trays that fit into the cupholders to give you a little table while you're sitting. We also serve beer and wine and they go together well with the food.
"What a crazy business"
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2010 06:27 by leeler.

Re:Cinema Grill 25 Apr 2010 21:15 #33840

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
You may want to check out the Greenbriar Cinema Grill (cinemagrillonline.net) for inspiration.

Re:Cinema Grill 27 Apr 2010 14:20 #33854

Here's a link to a multi-part series about "Dinner at the Movies" that appeared in Film Journal International over the last year and half: bit.ly/FJIdinneratmovies.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction