Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: online gift card sales

online gift card sales 08 Apr 2010 18:42 #33719

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I would like to be able to sell gift cards online, so that people can shop with us when we aren't open. Do any of you do this? How do you handle it? We use RTS.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:online gift card sales 08 Apr 2010 21:24 #33721

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
THIS IS ONE THING WE HAVE NEVER DONE

Re:online gift card sales 09 Apr 2010 08:51 #33722

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
BusyBee,

How do you like RTS for this? Do you do online ticketing with RTS as well? Do you like that?
"What a crazy business"

Re:online gift card sales 09 Apr 2010 09:17 #33723

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have heard of people doing this on their website by making the payment through paypal. Then they mail the gift card to the person in the amount requested.

The best shopping a person can do with you online is ticket sales which RTS does and I do a fair amount of business that way.

Re:online gift card sales 09 Apr 2010 16:55 #33725

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
We use RTS for online ticket sales and we like it. It really comes in handy for BIG weekends, like New Moon/Blind Side which was unbelievably huge for us. Other than that, it isn't that useful because people still have to wait in line to pick up their tickets with their credit card.

I like how RTS handles gift cards, but I wish there were a way that I could capture their info online and process it through RTS and mail out gift cards. It is hard when we aren't open during the day and people end up going to other businesses for gift cards. Maybe RTS has this function and I don't know about it?

Some things I like that other theaters are able to do and I can't figure out the logistics:

--Having theater gift cards available for purchase at other businesses.

--Having a place on your website to type in your gift card number and see your balance, or a phone line to do so.

Theater gift cards are a great product and I wish I could sell this product better. I feel like I am leaving money on the table. Someone knocks on my door, we aren't open so they go get a Regal gift certificate at the grocery store.

Re:online gift card sales 11 Apr 2010 00:39 #33730

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The RTS system doesn't have any way to sell gift cards directly... good idea, though.

We use RTS and have gift cards from Plastic Printers. I have a web page with a fairly simple CGI script to do the sales. We get an email from the script when a transaction has been completed. The downside is I have to manually enter the card number and amount into RTS as a gift card sale.

Right now, it isn't too much trouble. It's more a convenience for the customer than any major income source here. On the other hand, I'd really like to add Paypal to the mix... something to look into when time permits.

Re:online gift card sales 12 Apr 2010 08:42 #33736

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
To sell gift cards at other businesses you simply have to create some gift cards say at $20. Then you take those to the other business to sell. What you charge the other business for the card would be up to you.

Re:online gift card sales 12 Apr 2010 17:04 #33739

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
I have seen a few web sites that have just a few items to sell like gift cards. Using Buy It Now buttons from Mal's e-Commerce.

www.mals-e.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction