Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Newbie With Questions…
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie With Questions…

Newbie With Questions… 13 Mar 2010 20:28 #33545

• StevenB
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings all,

A little history: I’ve worked in the entertainment industry since I was 18, mostly TV and video production. I work in television here in Atlanta, and run my own small video production company in my off time. Recently, an old (and pretty much abandoned) theatre came up for sale down the road from me. I’ve looked at it many times while driving past it, and have talked with a couple friends about the idea of owning our own movie theatre, and I’ve mentioned that this one was for sale, and they seem interested. I haven’t called the owners of the old theatre yet, but I did drive to it today and walked around it and took pictures. From the outside, I can tell you, that it was an old Regal Cinema theatre (you can see the imprint of their logo on the front) probably built in the 80s. Right now, I’m still in the research stage, but I am becoming more and more interested in seeing about starting the theatre. I’ve been reading some of the post on this board, and it’s helped me a lot. The small city I live in, is just outside of Atlanta, and has a population of about 60,000.

Like I said about, the theatre was probably built in the 80s based on the design, so it doesn’t have stadium seating and probably no equipment in it. From looking at the emergency doors from the outside, it appears to have about 6-8 screens in it.

Based on the outside, what would probably be best: renovate it, or could it just be cheaper to knock it down, and rebuild it? (I know, since I haven’t seen the inside yet, that also will probably determine what is best.) Does 6-8 screens make sense in this economy (and community with about 60,000), or should it be best to go a little smaller?

Just from reading some most, I’m going to take a gamble at this question and answer, but: I would love to be able to show 1st run films, but will be willing to go “independent,” does anyone know if any of the film chains do franchises? I know going independent and going franchise has both pros and cons to it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance, and even financing? (Which I’ll be completely honest, if we decided to do this, we will probably have to finance a portion of this project.)

Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated by this newbie. Like I said, I’m still in the research stage, so please don’t be too harsh on me. ;-)

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction