Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby How will Showest be different when NATO takes ove?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How will Showest be different when NATO takes ove?

How will Showest be different when NATO takes ove? 10 Feb 2010 21:58 #33323

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I am excited to have NATO take back the show. What are some of the changes envisioned? I love it in Vegas but why must it be in the heart of the strip? It must add a huge amount of cost. Do we see ticket prices coming down? I'm interested to hear how it will be different and I am looking forward to 2011.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How will Showest be different when NATO takes ove? 10 Feb 2010 22:25 #33326

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I think the cost of being on the strip is reasonable, and it is important to be in a large facility which can accommodate the size of the trade show, movie screenings, and the high number of four-star hotel rooms required.

Keep in mind that the media, as well as the studio talent, will be more drawn toward functions held in the center of all the excitement, as opposed to a location which might not be as "happening."

I'm hopeful that the registration costs will be coming down. The biggest advantage I see to having NATO run the convention, is that the profits will go into the NATO bank account, not Nielsen's, which should help keep our membership dues from going up, and should add more membership benefits in the long run. It certainly gives NATO more control over the largest convention in the industry.

The NATO Convention is a feather in the cap for NATO and the exhibition industry, and should not be run by an outside company focused mainly on maximizing their own revenue.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re:How will Showest be different when NATO takes ove? 12 Feb 2010 19:19 #33353

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The new name of the NATO Convention, being held at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on March 28-31, 2011, will be CinemaCon.

Nielsen owns the rights to the ShoWest name, even though there will no longer be a ShoWest after the 2010 convention.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re:How will Showest be different when NATO takes ove? 12 Feb 2010 21:17 #33354

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
It is not all good for the organization to run it either.

I was on the board of trustees for the independent arm of the video store association. Everything we discussed doing for members always was met with one question: "How much money can the association make off of this?"

Most industry shows/conventions have lost their appeal to most. Blame the internet for that. Blame Mike and Brad.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction