Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby people sneaking in
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: people sneaking in

people sneaking in 25 Jan 2010 08:55 #33200

• SamD
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any way to stop customers walking out of one auditorium and into another if you have 20+ cinemas and only a usher at the head of the theater lobby? Like turnstiles at each entrance?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:people sneaking in 25 Jan 2010 13:59 #33207

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
"Is there any way to stop customers walking out of one auditorium and into another if you have 20+ cinemas and only a usher at the head of the theater lobby? Like turnstiles at each entrance"?

The answer is YES and NO. Yes, because the technology certainly exists that could monitor who enters, but No because such technology would be so expensive that it would be cheaper to pay an usher to be present to admit the proper people to each auditorium. Since almost all theatre operators are too cheap to pay for the staff that would be needed to oversee admissions for each auditorium, they certainly would not spend the money for the equipment needed to replace them.

This has always been one of the problems with multi-plex cinemas. I hear people all the time, especially teenagers, say that they go to the local plex and pay for one film and stay and see two or more. The industry makes such a big deal about movie pirating, but totally ignore the millions and millions of dollars lost from auditorium jumping at most multi-plexes. It certainly seems to me that this is something that theatre owners themselves would be concerned with, considering the amout of sales they lose by allowing this to happen. I would think that the lose in business, if regained by proper staff supervision, would more then pay for an usher or two to verify admissions to each auditorium.

Re:people sneaking in 25 Jan 2010 18:43 #33210

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
We had a senior sneak in to a second film last week.(no joke) I sent the manger in to ask for her ticket she said sorry dear --AND PAID ---with a hundred dollar bill.

Re:people sneaking in 25 Jan 2010 20:59 #33213

• SamD
  • Fresh Boarder
So true- I think there would be a real market for a cheaper way of monitoring each auditorium, but at this stage there is no way i would pay staff to stand at every entrance of a massive multiplex! :laugh:

That is hilarious about the senior, they are worse then teenagers! :laugh:

Re:people sneaking in 25 Jan 2010 21:58 #33214

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Watch it Sam. I've been a senior for many years and would not consider doing that. Besides, I wouldn't have the $100 bill to flash.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:people sneaking in 25 Jan 2010 23:38 #33217

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
funny--this movie biz

Re:people sneaking in 26 Jan 2010 09:14 #33218

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
With reserve seating you could tell much easier with either an usher or some type of sensors. Seat sensors and even camera software that locates heads and matches it to seat sales have been show at showest and showeast.

Re:people sneaking in 28 Jan 2010 15:43 #33240

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
sometimes I treat the local plex as a sort of multi screening room and I go to see a bunch of different stuff/ or parts of them/ I think I'd been in at least 5-6 when I settled back in the film I had come to see and the usher asked for my ticket and looked dismayed to find I was in the correct theatre. :) Call the cops! It's Mike!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:people sneaking in 28 Jan 2010 20:18 #33242

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
MICHAEL, shame on you! Go to your room (Oh wait, which room should I send him to?)
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:people sneaking in 29 Jan 2010 15:51 #33243

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If you have a multiplex get a security guard on the weekends, during the week you can handle that, and if someone sneaks in during the week who cares!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction