Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby I liked being a newbie!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I liked being a newbie!

I liked being a newbie! 12 Nov 2009 13:17 #32800

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Way back when I loved not knowing too much so that it did not stifle my curiosity. I asked a lot more questions. I greeted the same old questions with more thought. :)
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I liked being a newbie! 13 Nov 2009 19:57 #32808

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Maybe, but "way back" then, people couldn't just sit at their chairs and bombard you with "tell me all you know" questions. It took some doing, and maybe even the courage to make a personal visit. There's something slightly irritating about having someone, with a simple post (frequently their first), ask you for the results of possibly decades of effort on your part.

You'd never consider, unannounced, asking a doctor, construction worker, investment banker or major CEO for all the details about how they learned their trade (including numbers), yet it seems to be fairly common here.

Wonder why that is....?

How many here have had someone visit their business, asking what they could do to learn the trade? It's happened only twice in the 25 years I've been here...

Re:I liked being a newbie! 14 Nov 2009 19:01 #32810

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
......... there few businesses that seem to attract people who "have always wanted to run a movie theatre". I think restaurants, inns, fishing camps, etc. are also probably on the list. I think any business that seems to combine a love of something: movies-fishing-entertaining etc. probably qualify. I cannot imagine anyone says "I just always wanted to open an excavation business!"

I am counting on one or two of those love struck to come along at the right time.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:I liked being a newbie! 15 Nov 2009 13:34 #32812

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Mike wrote:
......... there few businesses that seem to attract people who "have always wanted to run a movie theatre".
I am counting on one or two of those love struck to come along at the right time.

Hope that works for you, Mike. Fortunately, one of my kids has the bug. The other 3 got as far away from it as they could! Can't quite figure that out! :woohoo:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction