Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby weird tales that happened to me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: weird tales that happened to me

weird tales that happened to me 05 Apr 2000 18:53 #328

I work with a large chain and spend a lot of time with staff and in front of the house. Not like the booth people who blink in the bright lites. Last week I had a lady sneak her dog in and it was a fairly large dog. I noticed its tail as it went in the audit. door and there I was looking for Lassie in the dark. It barked while I was in there when the lights went down and there was gun fire on the coming attractions. People laughed. Bye bye bowser.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: weird tales that happened to me 05 Apr 2000 21:44 #329

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Gee, and I thought that a parent sneaking a bottle of vodak into TIGGER the Movie was weird!

Re: weird tales that happened to me 05 Apr 2000 21:46 #330

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
That should be Vodka, not Vodak! Sorry, no I'm not drinking!

Re: weird tales that happened to me 06 Apr 2000 06:46 #331

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We had a bad ice storm here and this guy fell off a ladder cutting trees to clear his road and broke his two ankles-feet-legs. A lot of broken stuff. No wheelchair for him... by the way he was up on the ladder leaning on a bent over tree and cut the wrong end off... so for months he'd come down the diewalk like a Bombay beggar on his hands and kness and crawl up to the tik window and then through the lobbies... down the stairs.. to the rest rooms... everyehere he'd go. Doing penence?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: weird tales that happened to me 06 Apr 2000 11:01 #332

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
About once a month we have a special screening for the residents of a local nursing home. Once after they left, I was sweeping up after them and found someone's false teeth. Never did find out whose. So now when they come, we try to do a tooth check when they leave. LOL

Re: weird tales that happened to me 14 Apr 2000 19:17 #333

• Mike
  • Administrator
A couple years ago our roof started leaking. I went up on our 60' X 120' flat roof and saw the problem. Since we're in a downtown the roof slopes toward the center where there's a storm drain. The drain was clogged or frozen and there was a pond of about 18" of water over 1/4 of the roof. I stood there with my plunger and as I pluged madly.. at some point
I felt like Tex in Dr. Strangelove and I had this vision that the roof would collapse under the weight and I'd ride it down waving my plunger. It took a massive steam driven rig to clean it out and the roof trusses held.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: weird tales that happened to me 14 Apr 2000 22:47 #334

• RoxyVaudeville
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Mike:
Do I need 3-D glasses or am I seeing double or what?

Re: weird tales that happened to me 29 Apr 2000 02:38 #335

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
When we were running the movie "Pecker," a very nice older woman came in and asked, "How long is John Waters’s 'Pecker?'" She had no clue what she had just asked. Fortunately, the half dozen people in the lobby also figured she hadn’t grasped what had just come outta her mouth -- and just looked at each other, then at me. I looked at her and said, "The movie is 88 minutes long." She thanked me and left. The lobby was quiet, then disolved into unchecked giggling. I'm sure she sat bolt-upright at 3:00 that morning realizing what she had asked. And no, I have no idea . . . Paul
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: weird tales that happened to me 01 May 2000 10:17 #336

• Mike
  • Administrator
There was a lot of speculation that Waters had done that on purpose. "I'd like to see John Waters Pecker, please" How about "What Dreams May Come" turned into "Wet Dreams? Will
Come!"
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction