Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Art, Sports, Live, Spanish, Christian & 2nd Run?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Art, Sports, Live, Spanish, Christian & 2nd Run?

Art, Sports, Live, Spanish, Christian & 2nd Run? 08 Nov 2009 19:22 #32745

• mafunk
  • Fresh Boarder
I have spent two days straight reading this forum, which has been hugely helpful. I still have many questions. Here is one.

I live in a college town of 70K people, 1/3 of which are either university staff or students. We are not near any major metro areas. And are the largest city within a 120 mile radius. There is one theater in our area. It is an eight plex that shows your typical hollywood junk.

I would like to open a small theater that shows art-house type films, live performances (on film), sporting events (college ball for example), midnight cult films, Christian films, spanish films, native films and matinee second run children films.

It looks like I would be able to get arthouse films and live opera/ballet from emerging pictures. Can anyone tell me where/how I might secure live sporting events (like mcmennamins does with the college games)? how I can secure second run family films? Where I would find Christian films? Films that would appeal to spanish speakers? to native americans? Does swank deal in theatrical releases or would I need to go elsewhere? Any other good sources for someone looking for the type of stuff I'm interested in? I'm also interested in finding out how one goes about getting the type of stuff the national theater in D.C. is showing.... the live plays?

Any insight and help would be much appreciated.

Also, from what I can tell emerging pictures charges a flat $250 per showing on much of its films? Second runs are usually 35%? is that correct?
Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009 19:25 by mafunk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Art, Sports, Live, Spanish, Christian & 2nd Run? 08 Nov 2009 19:48 #32750

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
EMERGING charges $250.00 per film that must be new...We had them at one time bot it was always just 50% of the box office.

Re:Art, Sports, Live, Spanish, Christian & 2nd Run? 08 Nov 2009 20:40 #32752

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
For Christian films go on-line for Sherwood Pictures and Cloud Ten Films. You might also try a generic search for Christian films but the two I mentioned and World Wide Pictures from BGEA are are about the only ones that have anything in 35mm. Most christian producers are shooting short films straight to DVD for the churches.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction