Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: adding a third screen and I need your help

adding a third screen and I need your help 25 Oct 2009 19:04 #32675

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I own two theatres. a 3 screen and a 2 screen. When we added the 3rd to the one theatre we more than doubled our yearly business in terms of amount of tickets sold.

I am looking at my 2 screen and almost ready to pull the trigger and reconfigure it into a 3 screen. The logistics are not that difficult or expensive.

My question to all of you: when you added a screen what percentage of increase did you see? Did any of you experience no increase? (I'd throw myself off a bridge). What do you think is a safe low percentage increase of ticket sales?

I am not expecting 100% increase but if I could bet on 40% it would pay for itself fast.

Your thoughts?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:adding a third screen and I need your help 25 Oct 2009 19:53 #32677

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
The most important question would be, did you turn away movies that would have done well for you?

When we went to 2-3 last summer, our increase was 30%. When we go 3-4 this winter, I am planning on a 15-20% increase. BTW our Christmas break increase was 62%. Problem is it is even worse filling screens in the fall with three vs two.

Re:adding a third screen and I need your help 26 Oct 2009 09:01 #32680

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
With two screens we are always holding films the minimum amount of weeks: 2 if we are lucky, standard is 3 weeks, and when god awful: 4 weeks. It always conflicts with other product at the two biggest periods of the year: holidays and spring-summer. 30% would pay for the screen in 6 months.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:adding a third screen and I need your help 27 Oct 2009 10:14 #32682

• sheri6363
  • Senior Boarder
We have enough space for 2 nice auditoriums, and maybe 3 if we squeeze some hallways, added to our exsisting 3 would make a 5 or 6 screen. Can you really see an increase of more than 20%?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction