Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Facebook and one theatre

Facebook and one theatre 18 Sep 2009 11:55 #32367

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I was amazed to suddenly see that 458 people are "friends" of one of my theatres. Wow! That was in less than two months without trying. I know. I know. Don't get too excited about the big friend pile. My nephew in the 9th grade has 800 friends! Still; it is pretty cool.

We did a "free popcorn" for our friends at another theatre but it started today, runs for a week. Will report.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Facebook and one theatre 19 Sep 2009 20:00 #32375

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Mike, can I be your friend?
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re:Facebook and one theatre 19 Sep 2009 20:20 #32376

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Oh..... you, and you, are all my very closest and best friends: however could I live without you?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:Facebook and one theatre 20 Sep 2009 14:46 #32378

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
While speaking about Facebook, allow me to tell you of an experience that I recently had.

I didn't know anything about facebook other then to hear some of my younger staff members refer about it occasionally. About two weeks ago a young woman from our community that attends our local community college came to the theatre on a Saturday evening and ask to see me. Upon entering my office she presented to me a folder with many pages of printouts from a facebook account that she had opened several months earlier as a school project. It's called "I Love the Roxy"

She invited people to join and leave messages about their experiences at the Roxy over the years. Over 100 people signed up the first week. There are now over 500 members. The comments that people have posted are heart warming to say the least. Many brought tears to my eyes. There are pages and pages of comments.

Over the years I have posted many comments here at bigscreenbiz about my policies, and beliefs about how a theatre should be run, and why I believe that those policies are the reason why my theatre is so successful. They are all based on old time showmanship. Many theatre owners disagree with me, and think I have just been lucky. I have even questioned myself at times about that very issue. Now after reading all my patrons comments about my theatre I'm convinced that I have been correct all along.

If you have a Facebook account (if not, you can always open one), in the search box type "I Love the Roxy" and read all those many ,many comments, and you, just like myself, will understand why my theatre does so well.

Re:Facebook and one theatre 06 Oct 2009 04:14 #32493

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Ive thought about setting up a facebook account for our cinema.. Ive seen a few cinema facebook sites and none seem to have screening times..which is a shame..or is it a big no no from facebook??

Re:Facebook and one theatre 06 Oct 2009 12:31 #32494

• SMMORRIS
  • Senior Boarder
I post my weekly showtimes each week with links to trailers and info about upcoming features etc.

Re:Facebook and one theatre 06 Oct 2009 15:52 #32496

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I just post what we are getting on Friday and remind our fans of upcoming events. They go to our website for more details.

Re:Facebook and one theatre 07 Oct 2009 09:19 #32511

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I send the times out in an update and just post a short note of whats starting and tell them to look at their inbox for details.

Re:Facebook and one theatre 09 Oct 2009 15:02 #32542

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
Just past 700 fans today for the theatre facebook fan page. In a little more than 6 weeks on Facebook I think thats pretty good.

Re:Facebook and one theatre 07 Dec 2009 10:23 #32939

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
Just broke 1000 fans! All this since the start of Aug. My Facebook fans had a chance to win $5 gift cards to the local Smoothie King at the opening of twilight. Since student tickets are only $5.50 the winners won almost as much as the cost of their ticket. I plan other things like this too.

How did the facebook fans win? Well I asked questions about posts on the site so they had to be a fan to know what I was talking about!

Why did I start a page and start using it to do contests and suggestive selling? I went to a conference for National Association of Concessionaires this summer. I had a great little time away from work and learned about ways to do this type of marketing and other little tips. So yes I think it was well worth the time. I relaxed, met other operators for concession stands and I met the upper executive of the vendors we use. Only the big guys or owners of the manufactures come to this small conference. Its a mini vacation for them too!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction