Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: showing films on dvd

showing films on dvd 24 Aug 2009 16:50 #32178

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
a question raised in another post. Can you plan to open a small theatre and show films on DVD? I have been booking a bunch of late night and kid shows for a couple theatres/ classic stuff. Most of the distribs are fine with the theatre picking up the dvd: buy or Netflix and showing it that way. Some seem to prefer it. But that is stuff that is out on DVD. Some art distribs will have films in dvd: cannot or do not want to afford the 35mm prints. But by and large you'll be in a very narrow box if you limit yourself to DVD. A good vid projector can also handle broadband or direct sat feed. But for another 20-30K why not add 35 and be a real movie theatre. :)
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:showing films on dvd 25 Aug 2009 18:02 #32195

• movieman
  • Fresh Boarder
Mike,
Can you tell me the names of a couple distributors who wouldn't mind the theater supplying the DVDs to project?
Thanks

Re:showing films on dvd 08 Nov 2009 22:08 #32754

• mafunk
  • Fresh Boarder
I am interested in this topic too. If one were to show films via dvd and via feeds, like from emerging films, what type of system would the need? I would like to open a small arthouse that gives voice to art films, cult films, native culture, christian culture and other under served audiences. I can not afford and expensive set up. But I think that if i serve these underserved audiences I can get away with a dvd projection type system. What is the best, least expensive projection type system I could set up? One that can play dvds and feeds from sattelite etc? Not as 'fancy' as big screen plexes, but better than your home theater?

Thoughts?

Re:showing films on dvd 09 Nov 2009 06:08 #32760

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Sony updated our master license by email recently. The update specifically authorized presentation of their product by DVD, so long as the title was legitimately booked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction