Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Storage solutions for 3d glasses?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Storage solutions for 3d glasses?

Storage solutions for 3d glasses? 10 Aug 2009 17:27 #32091

• rdthomas
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a member of a group on my college campus that operate and maintain one of the best theaters in the area. We receive no annual support from the university and are self sustaining from year to year, Our goal is to bring the movie experience to the students and those that work on our campus at a low cos. We recently upgrades to a digital projector 3d capable and love it of course can't wait to show it to the students returning int he fall. One of our first movies for the year will be UP in 3D, This brings me to our current problem i have been looking for a innovative way to store our 3D glasses. being a university we have some options out there that not all theaters will have we plan to have each pair of glasses bar coded and upon showing up the student will have their student ID swiped and the coded pair of 3d glasses tags to their student account thus allowing us to charge the student if the glasses aren't returned. I'm hoping to find an efficient way to store and account for the glasses that allows for safe storage and scanning of the bar codes for accountability.

Any and all help on the storage of 3d glasses would be great

MTU Film board
www.Movies.mtu.edu
Equipment Supervisor
Randy Thomas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Storage solutions for 3d glasses? 10 Aug 2009 18:46 #32092

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
hmmmmm, interesting dilemma. Do you have to get a dishwasher to clean them? If so, you might want to have a pretty good barcoding method or you might lose the code in the dishwasher. I guess I would consider some smaller type of shelving like for workshops or some such. Usually a trip around the hardware store will at least lead to some good ideas.
"What a crazy business"

Re:Storage solutions for 3d glasses? 10 Aug 2009 21:02 #32097

• rdthomas
  • Fresh Boarder
well the bar codes are aluminum with heat resistant 3M epoxy the company said money back if it falls off, as for dishwasher we won't be washing every show but we will provide wipes to each costumer.

do they make actual storage bins for the glasses i haven't been able to find any online at least and we don't have a cinema supplier that we aquire things threw typically?

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction