Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby New Arthouse Digital Cinema, Belfast, NI
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Arthouse Digital Cinema, Belfast, NI

New Arthouse Digital Cinema, Belfast, NI 09 Aug 2009 16:24 #32079

Hi All

I am planning to open an "Arthouse" digital cinema in Cathedral Arts Quarter of central Belfast (population 650,000. I will be located next to the proposed new extension of the University of Ulster (student numbers to top 13,500, with 1,700 lecturers) The Quarter is undergoing major redevelopment with 5 star hotels and new multi million pound shopping centers. It is now the place to be for all groups going out in Belfast.

My building will consists of 7000sq/ft of which I can dedicate 3000sq/ft to the facility. The proposed screen room will be approximately 1,800sq/ft (30ft x 60ft) and seat approximately 120. I propose to screen "alternative content" and also use for business meetings / conferences. I will also have drinks licence and food on site.

There are other multiplex cinemas in the city but given my specific location I do not expect to be in competition with them.

I would appreciate any advise be it constuctive or otherwise. I have many ideas for the venture and would be happy to go into more detail but I don't want to bore you too much.

Many thanks all.

Stephen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New Arthouse Digital Cinema, Belfast, NI 09 Aug 2009 17:24 #32080

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello Stephen and welcome! If your cinema is playing content different from the multiplexes in you area I don't see them as competition. However, how many of your Irish movie fan will go for the alternative content is difficult for us American exhibitors to estimate as the tastes of the fans varies from country to country. I have learned that from our neighbors to the north in Canada who apparently have different tastes than do we. For example their film industry labels something "Adult Content" and it would pass for a PG film here in the U.S. If you were building here in "the Colonies" I would say you would be very successful as I believe, with rare exception, that way to keep the multiplexes from being competition is to play something they are not playing an promote it heavily. You might want to include foreign (other than American), classic and inspirational films in your format. But before you book anything survey your audience (through newspapers, mail or internet) to determine what it is they want to see. I wish you well.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 09 Aug 2009 20:49 by revrobor.

Re:New Arthouse Digital Cinema, Belfast, NI 09 Aug 2009 18:00 #32082

• slapintheface
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
What do you mean by art house digital Cinema..DVD OR ?

Re:New Arthouse Digital Cinema, Belfast, NI 10 Aug 2009 03:15 #32086

Hi

This is a small single screen with digital projector, variable use theatre. Similar to "The Lexi" and "Kino Hawkhurst" London and Kent. Plan is to show mixed content and thoes supplied from the distributers.

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction