Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby lighting in Aud...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: lighting in Aud...

lighting in Aud... 24 Jul 2009 13:47 #31965

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Has anyone else has issues not being able to get bulbs? one theatre used to have 300W bulbs, haven't been able to get those in years now, been using smaller 250's, and now even those are getting hard to order?

I know everything is saposed to be new energy saving etc... but can't dim them, and not enough output...

just curious what anyone else is doing? :dry:

the one 600 seater has only 6 light buckets, and now with the smaller 250's it hard as heck to see to clean...

in the other smaller newly remodeled one we have 10 buckets so they are closer spaced and not as much a problem, however it still took 2 weeks to order even the 250w and they say soon they won't be able to get?

Tony.
tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:lighting in Aud... 24 Jul 2009 19:24 #31968

• debo
  • Fresh Boarder
You can get dimmable CFL reflector bulbs equivalent to up to 85 Watts, but you're right that larger aren't available. You can get CFLs that are 300 Watt equivalent, but they're spiral bulbs. Since all incandescents are supposed to be off the shelf by 2012, this is definitely something everyone will have to address eventually. Sorry I don't have an answer, but I appreciate you bringing it up--it's an important consideration for new designs.

Re:lighting in Aud... 25 Jul 2009 15:53 #31972

• tratcliff
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I use 300W bulbs for my cleaning lights as well.

I can sometimes find them at the local Lowes.

But I usually end up buying them on-line at topbulb.com or the other similar sites.

I tried the CFL that is supposed to equal 300W, but the color was much different and it while it was bright, it was actually much HARDER to see well than with a lower wattage incandescent. So I switched back.

Re:lighting in Aud... 25 Jul 2009 23:32 #31975

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Check with bulbs that are used in "Stage & Studio" applications since those bulbs usually need to dim.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction