Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Concession Equipment
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concession Equipment

Concession Equipment 15 Jul 2009 21:49 #31893

• KingVision
  • Fresh Boarder
I am trying to get a cinema/movie theater up and running and need to how much the concession equipment is going to cost me and what all concession equipment I will need. Thanks for any help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Concession Equipment 15 Jul 2009 22:26 #31894

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Disturbed,
I think as a minimum you need to have a popcorn machine, an ice machine, a drink dispenser and a Point of sale system. Prizes on these vary a lot, depending on your requirements and budget.
Jay

Re:Concession Equipment 16 Jul 2009 15:18 #31902

• Schoaps
  • Fresh Boarder
The main purchases you need to make are a popcorn machine and an ice machine. If you sign an agreement with Coke or Pepsi, they will provide your equipment as long as you buy the product from them. Unless you're talking about a large operation, you can get away with a small cash register for your point of sale equipment. Popcorn machines can be purchased used for a reasonable amount of money. New ones will be considerably higher. Hope this helps.

Re:Concession Equipment 16 Jul 2009 16:05 #31903

• KingVision
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks that does help, I was looking at new popcorn machines for close to 7,000. And I didn't know about making a deal with coke or pepsi either.

Re:Concession Equipment 21 Jul 2009 14:32 #31953

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
unless your looking at a HUGE theatre, there is no reason to pay $7000 for a popper?

you should be able to get a gold medal 16 oz popper for under $3000 easy.

plus you will need a butter disp. for a little more $
tony.

Re:Concession Equipment 22 Jul 2009 01:07 #31956

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
You've asked a fairly generic question. Aside from the obvious (pop, popcorn), there's no real good answer for it & we're all pretty much shooting in the dark.

Why not visit other theatres in your area, and make up a list of what they're selling? Adjust the list to suit your tastes, and what you feel your customers will buy, then get whatever dispensing equipment you need.

As has been mentioned here, free (or loaned) equipment is available for some products. Pop, pretzels, some coffee/chocolate brands and some cookies come to mind. You'll probably have to pay for your own popcorn machine. The price will vary, depending on what size your theatre winds up being (you didn't say). Some concession companies have used machines you could look into.

If you're going to do any major food prep (cooking), you'll be buying that gear... grill, fryers, pizza ovens, product warmers, any required vent hoods. You don't find a lot of that at indoor theatres though.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction