Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby single or double screen startup help
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: single or double screen startup help

single or double screen startup help 09 Jul 2009 02:24 #31842

Hey guys i'm looking for some help on building or hopefully redoing a theatre in my home town. There was an old theatre about 5 years ago but is currently housing a tire company, it disappeared due to the owner dealing drugs.. pretty crazy i know. I was just wondering if you guys could give me a ball park figure on startup for building a brand new double screen theatre. Its a 12,000 city, competition is 45kms away, most likely looking for double screen, with 50 seats in each?? I don't really know yet just trying to start to figure out what i should do. I would be playing 1st run movies. Any other info you need just ask away as i'm not really sure what all i need to give.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:single or double screen startup help 09 Jul 2009 12:58 #31844

I think some square footage on the building would give a good idea of how many seats you should put for each auditorium.

If the tire company had completely redone the entire building, I'd probably throw out a figure of $100-250k to completely remodel it as a theatre. You'll be looking to build in a concession stand, box office, 1-2 auditoriums (walls, wiring, screen, speakers, seats), and a projection room (either a simple room for each auditorium for a big enough room to house both projectors/equipment in. You'll also need room for building/breaking down movies and storage).

I might be a bit understating the costs though.I worked for a theatre that shut down and when the new company came in, they had the concession stand cabinets gutted and redone. It cost them $114k. So, if possible, I say do as much of the work yourself.

If possible, try and create stadium seating, even if it's a simple one. Sloped just doesn't cover it anymore.

You can actually look into buying refurbished equipment or even renting projectors. I'm not too sure about the process for that.
Last Edit: 09 Jul 2009 13:07 by Jenkinsbball.

Re:single or double screen startup help 10 Jul 2009 16:17 #31851

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Since you asked for "new" to build a 2 screen. #1 I'd say do not: build a 3-4 minimum. After that it's what size? So: I would estimate 200.00 per sq ft to build as a rough rule of thumb. and add a+/- 100.00 per sq ft for fitting out/ concession/seats/projection/etc. You are in the +/- 750,000.00 minimum
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction