• Page:

TOPIC: reporting and payments

reporting and payments 07 Jul 2009 19:46 #31828

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
REPORTING and PAYMENTS

Greetings;

I have had a number of problems with the distributors lately regarding reporting, reporting dates, etc. I will write this up as a reference for future guidance.

1. The distributors care more about timely and accurate reporting of each nights grosses and each weekly grossing report than they care about collecting the money you owe them. Above all else they want you to call in your nightly grosses and file your weekly reports.

2. You can be late on payment (not advised) and they won’t go nuts. But they go crazy when we do not report each nights grosses and each weeks grosses.

3. Keep in mind that the people who gather the grosses for the film distributors have bosses and they catch serious HELL from their bosses when they do not get all the grosses. That ire flows downhill to all of us.

4. Keep in mind that film distributors and films play on a Friday through Thursday night week. That is the industry standard. Friday is day one. Thursday is day 7. All days must be reported even if you are closed or do not show the film for some reason.

5. If you have a special film “midnight show” or anything like this, even if it is a “one time” booking, or a “flat fee” you must report the grosses for the show even if it is for only one night. You must report the gross at the end of the week also as part of your weekly gross report.

6. Nightly reporting via phone or fax to Rentrak and EDI will cover you for nightly shows. Each night’s show must be reported that night.

7. Weekly reporting must be filed by each Friday morning for the previous Friday through Thursday week. Let me repeat that: Weekly reporting must be filed by each Friday morning for the previous Friday through Thursday week.

8. Reports must go via phone, fax, and email. Please be sure that you can report to each distributor via fax # etc. If you do not have a fax # etc. please ask me and I will get it for you.

9. When making payments please be careful to write the theatre name and city, the movie you are paying for, and the dates of the week that the check is for. For example:
Colonial/Belfast-Maine ., Harry Potter, 7-17 to 7-23.

10. If a movie opens (Ice Age, Public Enemies, Harry Potter) on a Weds., then the end of the week report would include only that Weds. and Thursday. The weekly report must be filed on Friday morning even if it is for only a 2 day report.

11. If the film opened on a Weds then the rental week runs Weds to Tues.

12. Keep good records as payments get lost, advances go unnoticed, credits forgotten, etc. Sometimes you’ll pay a higher advance than the eventual film rental and you may want the difference refunded. You should strive to keep better records than the film distributors.

13. Advise cashiers by email or phone when you are making payments always helps.

I am sure there must be more but I’ll leave this for now.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction