Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: sell some tiks!

sell some tiks! 26 Apr 2000 18:59 #318

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We're showing Return To Me, Eldorado, Rules To Engagement and it;s dead! This week we open Frequency and next week Gladiator. Is it just me or is it quiet?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: sell some tiks! 26 Apr 2000 19:27 #319

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
We've had Rules of Engagement (which is not too bad) and My Dog Skip and last night we had two NO SHOWS UGH. Tonight there are about five people here. sigh. We're opening Flintstones Fri and will have 28 days, I sure hope it picks up.

Re: sell some tiks! 26 Apr 2000 20:19 #320

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
It's dead here in the Olympia and Shelton, washington area, too. Hasn't been this slow in a long time.

Re: sell some tiks! 26 Apr 2000 23:03 #321

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
It's not any better at the subruns! we are finishing our 2nd and final week of Toy Story 2 and things are pretty slow. The weekend was OK. Monday matinee was good (140 people), but starting Monday evening, business vanished. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings only had 25 to 30 people per night. (one show each evening) The Wed. matinee was a little better with 53 people, but that was a bargain show. And we only have the one screen, so that's all we took in.
Looking at Green Mile starting Friday. I hope that is a little better, but long shows always hurt the gross as we can only have one show on Fri. & Sat. evenings.
Lets keep our fingers crossed, and pray for rain!

Re: sell some tiks! 27 Apr 2000 07:48 #322

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
It's Really slow here in out state Missouri too. We're showing El Dorado, Rules of Engagement, 28 Days, U-571, High Fidelity and Keeping The Faith. Opening Frequency and Flintstones on Friday. Don't you think it's about time for a turn around? There must be something out there that people want to see. I'm never sure where the film companies come up with their numbers. U-571 supposedly did 20M over the week end but we sure didn't contribute much to that. The last decent weekend we had was the Erin Brockovich opening weekend. I really love this site. Thanks a lot for it. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: sell some tiks! 27 Apr 2000 07:49 #323

We did pretty well with Boys Don't Cry last week, but this week was a little slow with Sweet and Lowdown. Things should pick up with Cider House Rules starting on Friday.

Colin Wiseley
Lyric Theatre
Blacksburg VA
www.thelyric.com

Re: sell some tiks! 27 Apr 2000 09:34 #324

• Mike
  • Administrator
Oi vey! I had no idea. Well...... Gladiator is coming and that will pack them. I hope. Dinosaur, MI2, Me Myself, and Irene... It will get better, it will get better. That's what I love about this business! Every Friday night you get to start all over!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: sell some tiks! 27 Apr 2000 22:41 #325

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Been slow here in Wisconsin too! Hopefully, The Flintstones will bring them in. But, if its like the rest of the garbage Hollywood is making, it too will be a bomb. Gladiators should do well for us too,and MI2 (we're putting it on two screens). But what we really need, is for a bunch of multiplex's to fold in our area. CarMike is closing a bunch, but none in my immediate area.

Re: sell some tiks! 28 Apr 2000 17:16 #326

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
It's just been, well, strange in Oregon. Died with Sweet and Lowdown, did fine with Boys Don't Cry, but it was too emotional for the help (another week of it and i'd have to put Prozac in the popcorn). The Cup is doing ok: sell-out one night, doing nothing the next. When the weather gets good, everyone gets the silly idea they need to be outside . . . . We'll see what happens with Topsy Turvy tonight.

Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: sell some tiks! 28 Apr 2000 18:26 #327

• Mike
  • Administrator
Must be something in the air. Spring really slows it down with changing hours and light and plans. Every time I go to Show West/ or East or a film festival I'm always blown away that while we sleep film makers are busting their hump creating movies that won't see a xenon bulb for two years. Here we sit awaiting their artwork to reach it's fruition. Some weeks are slower than others.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction