Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby how much does a digital projector and 3-D cost?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how much does a digital projector and 3-D cost?

how much does a digital projector and 3-D cost? 23 Jun 2009 12:31 #31754

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
good question: what does it cost? Digital cost is based on a few different things: do you need a new screen, room size, different projectors, 2k and now 4K etc. The costs that I have seen vary from 30+ thousand for just the digital projector to a high of 70 thousand for the digi projector and the screen. 3-D is completely different( and you add on to the base price of the digital projectors) and there are different 3-D sysytems: you can add 20-40 thousand for the 3-D add on. Do my numbers compute? Anyone? Anyone? Please add the costs that you know of.

Last thing: you can have digital projection but not add on 3D but you cannot have 3-D without digital projection. 3D works off a digital projector only.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:how much does a digital projector and 3-D cost? 23 Jun 2009 17:30 #31756

• strand4me
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes your costs are pretty much right on for projector and 3D. Don't forget you need a server/player around 18k and depending on your current sound processor you may need to upgrade that $3500. If you want to play alternative content you need a scaler box around $4000.

Re:how much does a digital projector and 3-D cost? 24 Jun 2009 14:49 #31763

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Thanks. Lost in the digital debate is the cost of "upgrades" and chages as the equipment evolves. My Brenkerts have been humming in one of my theatres for 59 years since when they were bought new in 1950!

What if you bet wrong and buy something for 100K and then 3 years from now.... oops!

Any other opinions on the cost we have posted?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction