Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brand new here

Brand new here 16 Jun 2009 14:45 #31710

• gawe22
  • Fresh Boarder
hi,

i am thinking about purchasing a 5 screen theatre in my town and am curious as to potential earnings...they guy who owns it now has run it down and is not willing to make improvements. we are in northern nj about 20 min from manhattan so its a dense area. i love the theatres but am brand new and havent a clue on this...

thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Brand new here 16 Jun 2009 17:56 #31713

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Need some basics... how many seats...1 st run or sub. closest competition.ticket price....

Re:Brand new here 16 Jun 2009 17:56 #31714

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
rent or own.how many sq ft.......taxes>

Re:Brand new here 18 Jun 2009 10:55 #31729

• gawe22
  • Fresh Boarder
i would own the building, i havent a clue how many seats, and as to 1st run etc...im not sure what would be best. as is said i am brand new and just starting to explore the option. lets say each screen has 200 seats and you are showing 1st run...what could you earn just on the film before expenses if it was sold out?

Re:Brand new here 18 Jun 2009 17:18 #31731

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Hi/ most of the people who stop by here on a regualr basis own or operate or work full time in the movie theatre business in some way. Some are technicians and some book films but they are all working to make a living. Your question is so vague and lazy that it is really not worthy of a reply from serious people but as a service to others who seemingly have never heard the words "due dilligence" I will address your position.

Would you walk into a gas station and ask the owner if you sold all the gas in your tanks every day how much would you make? How about a cab driver? "If you drove back and forth all day to the airport and Rock Center how much would you make?" It's a silly question and says a lot about how the person asking is willing to work next to zero as opposed to asking big brilliant questions.

I don't say this to put you down and I am sorry if it comes across this way. Over the last ten years many people here have helped many "newbies" into the movie business. But the newbie has got to be making an effort. Northern New Jersey, a 5 screen, and it has to go for 650-1 million minimum. That's serious cash. If you don't know what you're doing you'll be dead so fast it will have been a mercy to keep you out of it. If you do know what your doing in other departments than the movie biz then I would suggest you sharpen your pencil and get to work. Hire a consultant if you can't figure it out. You'll be glad you did.

Failing all that: read everything in the last 10 years pertaining to your questions and then ask away.

Good luck. Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction