Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby do you have a facebook page for your theatre?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: do you have a facebook page for your theatre?

do you have a facebook page for your theatre? 25 Apr 2009 13:01 #31425

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I just started building one for the Colonial. Do you have a bunch of friends for your theatres?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:do you have a facebook page for your theatre? 25 Apr 2009 14:40 #31426

• BennyG
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't have a theater yet. But I am seriously considering opening one. A facebook page is one of the first things I would create. For a big multiscreen ciniplex or something I don't know how valuable it would be but a samll Independent theater it would be invaluable. The ability to post events and send them out to anyone is incredible. Also I'm sure there are tons of groups dedicated to Indie films, local films, arts and entertainment and if you could work with the admin of those pages you could spread the word unbelievably far and fast.

Plus its free so it can't hurt in anyway.

Re:do you have a facebook page for your theatre? 26 Apr 2009 01:22 #31432

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Out of curiosity, wouldn't an email list be a better choice?

I ask because a good friend of mine once had something like a facebook page. A few customers, who had been ejected for misbehaving, found his page and filled it with some pretty nasty, and false posts. In this case, he could not moderate the material, so he found himself with a real bad PR situation.

Seems that sites like these are great until something gets out of hand.

Just wondering...

Re:do you have a facebook page for your theatre? 27 Apr 2009 13:54 #31441

• SMMORRIS
  • Senior Boarder
I had been hearing recomendations about having a facebook page for our theatre for some time but really didn't understand the value. After attending a seminar on "Social Networking" I decided to bite the bullet and figure out how to do it. Once I got the page set up I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I typed in a message which said "Will add more later when I figure out how this works" and left it for several days. My next thought was, how will anyone know it is there if I don't promote it in some way. The next time I logged back in I was amazed that 800 people had signed up to be "Fans" of our page. At that point I added some pictures and videos. After several weeks our fan number is up to about 1900. People have added great comments about their memories of the theatre over the years. I am sure there is the danger of some prankster going in and making bad comments but we haven't experienced that yet. If that does happen, I think you as the administrator have the ability to delete any comments you would like. We also send out a weekly email newsletter and on an average week we will have 10 to 20 sign up to receive it as new subscribers from our web page. I entered a message on facebook with a link to our web page which said "Sign up for our weekly email newsletter and be entered in a drawing for a free Dinner & a Movie (we do this monthly in cooperation with a neighboring restaurant)". Our new subscribers to our newsletter jumped up to 80 that week. It seems to be valuable as an interactive method of communicating with a segment of our customer base that might not be reached via the local newspaper. I am excited about our experience thus far. We are also on TWITTER. I am sure my level of awareness has increased, but it seems in the last few months, everywhere I go or read I hear new mentions of Social networking. I am busy, but I have more time than money and this is free.

companies.to/gemtheatre on facebook & @gemtheatre on Twitter

Re:do you have a facebook page for your theatre? 28 Apr 2009 19:09 #31456

• tratcliff
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I created a Facebook group for my theatre, the Ohio Theatre in Madison, IN.

Within a couple weeks I had more people belonging to the Facebook group than I have on my e-mail list I've been building for 5 years!

So now I post the movie show times on the group every week as well.

It also has worked out well for getting the word out on an 80's film festival we did in April.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction