Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby where do the ads come from on bigscreenbiz?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: where do the ads come from on bigscreenbiz?

where do the ads come from on bigscreenbiz? 24 Apr 2009 08:56 #31415

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
A poster asked "where did that AVS banner ad come from?" The question really is "how does bigscreenbiz.com pay for itself?" There's only two options that I have discovered to date: deficit spending (moi) and advertising. The ads you see are either paid for by direct advertising support or through Google Ads which is an automated search robot driven platform (see Google stock) that looks at the content of any given page and then delivers ads froma advertisers who want those page viewers. That would be you. if you are talking about movies: State of Play shows up. If you talk popcorn machines: Gold Medal. Those companies have proactively registered to have their ads shown. It is our goal to increase the funding for bigscreen and lower the deficit spending. Letting suppliers and advertisers know that you saw their ad is appreciated.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:where do the ads come from on bigscreenbiz? 24 Apr 2009 19:29 #31417

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Good enough for me, Mike.

I didn't want to know why the ads were there (I sort of figured that one out), as much as how they seemed to be so targeted.

You answered my question. Thanks!

Jack (the poster)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction