Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Single Screeners
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Single Screeners

Single Screeners 20 Mar 2009 11:19 #31240

• AdFilms
  • Fresh Boarder
Always loved the old single screen movie houses. There is one in particular dear to my heart, and I have concern about its future.
Is it a bit run down? More than a bit. Older seats, inadequate electrical, rundown marquee, uncaring owner.
I have a strong feeling that this theatre could be so much more with a little TLC.
PRO's: it's a neighbourhood theatre without any real competition. An older mall theatre within a 10 minute drive, but in a seedier part of town. A new bog box theatre within 10-15 minutes.
It lies in an incredibly diverse neighbourhood, drawing from families and university students.
CON's: it's a single screen. Some theatre people I've spoken with consider single screeners unworkable. My feeling is that there are exceptions to the rule. Any single screener success stories out there?
My feeling is that this theatre would work well as an art or calendar house. It's currently playing art house/1st run fare and drawing well. But it could draw so much better.
Your honest thoughts would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Single Screeners 20 Mar 2009 13:15 #31242

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Without a doubt a single screen is a challenge for many reasons. the key would be the population and the demographic, the type of operation, and the management. They can make it and even do well. That is generally speaking the exception to the rule. Most theatre owners will tell you they want more screens!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction