Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby drop the kids off?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: drop the kids off?

drop the kids off? 26 Feb 2009 16:10 #31001

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We routinely serve as babysitters. I read where a theatre had made a new policy that a child had to be accompanied by an adult. That would kill us. We deal with the kids without problem. How would you deal with this?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:drop the kids off? 26 Feb 2009 17:28 #31002

• cuemarks
  • Senior Boarder
I know an independent who has adopted no kid policies. I think he has a no kid policy on pg-13 movies and up. He told me the loss of business caused by this policy is well worth it to him. I have thought about adopting a policy like his, but would not like to lose the business caused by it. cuemarks

Re:drop the kids off? 08 Mar 2009 14:04 #31121

• Basecamp
  • Fresh Boarder
Whenever it is clear that parents are only dropping kids off, or they are seeing a movie that gets out significantly later, I immediately volunteer info such as "Their movie will be over at 6," or "They'll be out at 6 and you'll be getting out at 6:30." Basically, it seems to prompt acknowledgment that they are leaving their kids unattended, and that we expect them to be picked up in a timely manner. It comes off friendly and helpful, rather than grouchy.

Re:drop the kids off? 08 Mar 2009 14:53 #31122

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Try posting a bold sign at the BO informing all that any child that creates a disturbance will be ejected from the theatre. As a private business you have a right to do that and are not responsible for what happens to the child after that. When I owned a theatre in Portland, Oregon I had printed on the back of the tickets that all patrons were required to follow the rules of the house (which were posted on the lobby wall) or they would be ejected without refund. That sure eliminated a lot of problems and arguments over refunds when I did have to eject someone.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:drop the kids off? 09 Mar 2009 12:20 #31132

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Maybe it depends on the area. My theatre was not located that close to any major residential areas, so few kids walked or biked there. We did have a rule about adults being required when the kid was child-age, and posted it at the boxorrice. If they purchased an adult ticket, we let them in. Not many problems with that policy, at least in our situation.
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2009 12:21 by rodeojack.

Re:drop the kids off? 09 Mar 2009 18:34 #31137

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Child admission is for children 12 and under, when accompanied by a parent. When children are unaccompanied, they pay my general admission price.

Re:drop the kids off? 09 Mar 2009 19:07 #31138

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
That's just mountain talk for "we love you" :)
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:drop the kids off? 12 Mar 2009 02:21 #31166

I have a drivein and quite often become a babysitter. I simply have a "no unaccompanied children" rule. This means if they want to use me as a babysitter they must pay an adult entry. It tends to keep the numbers of stray kids down.

Re:drop the kids off? 17 Mar 2009 07:04 #31203

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Kids are welcome here..if parents want to drop them off thats fine..most of the kids here are good..those that aren't are spoken to and if they won't settle are asked to leave the auditorium and made to sit in the foyer til their parents come and get them..but seriously, in my 15 years here ive had to do that maybe 3 or 4 times. Child price is child price until they turn 15..whether they have a parent with them or not..maybe we are too soft..but the kids in my town are great! I guess im lucky!!

We do like basecamp does and just tell the parents the finishing time so they can be here..if they aren't here at pickup time, we let the kids stay in the foyer til they come, for the little ones we have colouring pencils and cartoon pictures to keep them occupied....i prefer knowing they are safe inside than running around the streets. parents know and appreciate that their kids are safe and welcome here. Kids are our customers too..Im surprised at some of the attitudes in here, don't you know kids spend the most money??!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction