Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Screenings for adults only
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Screenings for adults only

Screenings for adults only 27 Jan 2009 02:22 #30774

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have been concidering having screenings for adults only as its always the kids who distrupt things. Probably one on the weekend and maybe one during the week..not really sure. Does anyone here already have screenings like this?? how do they work? Are they popular? How do kids react when told they can't go no matter what the rating is?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Screenings for adults only 27 Jan 2009 02:59 #30775

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
How successful it is depends on the product you're playing. Most films today are aimed at the 14-34 year old action fan. However, it's your theatre and you have a right to restrict your audience any way you choose. I personally think it's a good idea that would appeal to older adults. I've found twenty-somethings can be just as disturbing as teens.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Screenings for adults only 27 Jan 2009 17:38 #30781

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I think Pacific theatres have upscale theatres that they have adult only times. Seams to work but they also promote the upscale experience.

Re:Screenings for adults only 28 Jan 2009 15:30 #30788

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
Yes, the ArcLight Complex (Pacific's Cinerama Complex) in Hollywood, Ca. does 21+ type screenings during the month. You also can have wine at your specially selected seat section.

Re:Screenings for adults only 28 Jan 2009 19:02 #30792

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Here in the Seattle area, Galaxy Cinemas has a theatre with an auditorium reserved for 21+. You can order beer, wine and some prepared foods there.

The couple of times I've looked in there, the crowd was larger than other auditoriums. If I was interested in what happened to be playing there, I'd buy a ticket.

Galaxy also runs satellite sports feeds in that room. Admission for the event is free (licensing issues), but they sell enough beer & food to make up for it.

On the higher end of the scale, there are a couple of theatres with $35 price tags. They have VERY nice seats, but are otherwise similar to what Galaxy does.

Re:Screenings for adults only 02 Feb 2009 17:03 #30815

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I know people who will not come to our theatre early shows on weekend due to younger people with cell phones, chatting, etc. If you have a big enough market it is a good idea.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction