Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Converting a building to a movie theater?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Converting a building to a movie theater?

Converting a building to a movie theater? 14 Jan 2009 11:09 #30699

• CherryPop
  • Fresh Boarder
I have always wanted to operate a movie theater (worked in some in my youth) and now I am in the early stages of exploring the idea. I have been exploring the FAQs and searching this forum, but I can't seem to find a similar experience to the question I have detailed below.

I have located an unused building that is in a good location for a movie theater. It is 5400 sq feet, two floors and previously used as a restaurant. The shape of the building 'looks' like it would work as a single screen theater. It would obviously need remodeled.

The building is for lease. Is it feasible to remodel the building while leasing it?

Since the building is two floors, most of the second flood would need to go to make room for a theater auditorium. Has anyone dealt with a familiar experience before, in removing most of an entire floor?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Converting a building to a movie theater? 16 Jan 2009 14:14 #30713

• jgleason
  • Senior Boarder
If the building is for lease you would have to work out what changes to the building would be allowed. Removing part of a floor can be done, not sure the owner would go for that extensive a change.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction