Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby First crash and burn with my D-Cinema
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First crash and burn with my D-Cinema

First crash and burn with my D-Cinema 19 Dec 2008 15:46 #30565

• cuemarks
  • Senior Boarder
I was curious what a failure with D- Cinema would be like, and way too soon I got my first experience. It was with our second unit which had a total of 6 hours on it when it crashed. I went to the booth in a hopes of a quick repair, yeah right! After a futile reboot attempt, I started refunding money to my disgruntled patrons. After trying all the diagnostics this fantastic unit had to offer the repair tech came out to fix the unit. Sadly, it took two trips and one more refund to get the unit running. The strange part is he could never find out why it failed . There were no errors ever indicated, and the projector magically started to work again. I love problems like that! I know my film systems could also fail but at least, I know how to fix problems that come up. More as time goes by Cuemarks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:First crash and burn with my D-Cinema 19 Dec 2008 21:46 #30566

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hope to hear what you found, and that this was just a matter of "new equipment blues"!

There's a theatre near us that has 16 D-C projectors. They say they pretty much just turn on the switches in the morning, and let the computers do the rest.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction