Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Horror theater

Horror theater 02 Dec 2008 13:34 #30455

• pitstopped
  • Fresh Boarder
I am new to this site. I have been reading prior posts here and have learned quite a bit. I need to read and learn more.

I would like some input from you on a project I am contemplating.

I would like to open a Horror theater. There are about 20 of us in my area that get together and watch, and talk about horror movies. Here is my project in a nutshell. Keep in mind this fact, "I don't need this to make much money. I just don't want to lose money. A break even would be great."

Rent an older wharehouse type space with heat and air. I have already bought 50 theater seats. Outfit the space to look like a horror theater. (Scary monsters, posters, stuff) Popcorn machine, drink fountain.

I would like thoughts on a screen and movie delivery system. This would be a small 50 seat theater. Could I make a DVD delivery on to a small screen on the end wall. I would like ideas that are very cost effective, as apposed to highest quality. I would like to charge only a few dollars and show Horror only films three nights a week. Any suggestions on were to obtain the reshow rights to these types of movies?

This is a quick general description to let you know the just of the idea. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, road blocks I am headed for, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks' Terry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Horror theater 03 Dec 2008 16:52 #30456

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
E-mail me: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:Horror theater 03 Dec 2008 19:21 #30458

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
50 seats/ I'd plan on only a video projector. Your problem will be with the bigger distributors. There are a lot of ameteur and small time horror filmmakers. Maybe it would work but I have to admit I think your lack of need to make money will prove to be essential. Check out a local film
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction