Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Drive-In Radio

Drive-In Radio 21 Nov 2008 14:17 #30400

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm not sure there are many drive-in owners here, so I thought I'd share a bit of our operation with y'all.

While many indoor operations run CDs of one kind or another, we've evolved (over 20 years) into a pretty nice system, run by a broadcast automation computer. The computer handles all our pre-show and intermission music, controls the projector automations and mixes the audio on our 3 screens and snackbar.

Our music system is built around a syndicated program, which we purchase from www.driveinradio.com

This service provides an announced program of music, snack-bar nudges and a personality that fits our place very well. To that, we add our own music, screen ad audio, drive-in commercials from 60's vintage Coca Cola reels, and actual Coke spots from the era, some in different languages. All in all, the system selects its program from over 4,000 available audio cuts.

For most theatres, this is exorbitant overkill... but for me, a former broadcast owner, announcer and engineer, it satiates that part of my professional past! :)

Anyhow, you're welcome to dial in and see what we do with our free time over here.

www.rodeodrivein.com

or directly, at www.rodeodrivein.com/dir/dir.asx

If you have a C.Crane or Grace internet radio, we're listed in
Reciva.com as "Rodeo Drive-In Radio", or just "Drive-In Radio"

Jack
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction