Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Movies in this economy

Movies in this economy 22 Oct 2008 14:06 #30159

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I just saw a report on CNN Headline News that says Movie going is the cheapest thing to do for entertainment in this economy. Average national ticket prices at $7.25.

I agree that my business does not sffer much. Does yours?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Movies in this economy 22 Oct 2008 15:51 #30163

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
In my small towns, the economy (and average paycheck)is not great even in good times---the incease in energy which caused an increase in everthing else has really been felt by me. We are down 45% this year from average, as are most other businesses in my area. People just don't have entertainment money at this time. Our tourist season was non exsistant this summer.

I am real happy I know how to squeeze a buck and have no kids to feed at this time!

Re:Movies in this economy 22 Oct 2008 20:41 #30166

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Business is booming .The last 4 weeks we are way up....Weekday business is up even more than the weekends........

Re:Movies in this economy 22 Oct 2008 22:01 #30168

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Our business for the year is neck and neck with last year. Box office is slightly ahead while concession is a little behind. However, when you consider that the economy has really tanked this fall, and product has been terrible since labor day, it's interesting to note that our September and October are both a good bit ahead of last year.

The reason for that is one picture... "Mamma Mia", but in this business often one picture is all it takes to make a big difference. I'm now going into week 6 for Mamma, the first three weeks were clean, but since have been split. During the split weeks Mamma continues to outgross whatever new picture I bring in. An example of this was this past Sunday when the main feature "Journey to the Center of the Earth" had 36 people for the 2 PM matinee and 67 for the 7PM evening show, while "Mamma" with one show at 4 PM had 151 people.

I don't think the economy thus far has had much impact on my business. In my situation, it's been the product that has been the determining factor.

Re:Movies in this economy 23 Oct 2008 09:21 #30169

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Mine also was about a wash... somewhat fewer people, but made up by better concession sales. The weather delayed our opening by a month this year, so I figure we would have been ahead otherwise.

Our biggest this year were "Dark Knight", "Indiana Jones", "Wall-E" and "Hancock".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction