Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby first time booking experience "we only have a digital print"
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: first time booking experience \"we only have a digital print\"

first time booking experience \"we only have a digital print\" 19 Oct 2008 13:24 #30125

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I was booking a theatre and we wanted Duchess. Paramount said "We've got a print." and I aid I'd call back to confirm it. 5 minutes later I heard from her again: "oops. I only have a digital print." I shared that story with many people and it is the first time I have run into it. I have no doubt it will increase incrementally as time goes on.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:first time booking experience \"we only have a digital print\" 19 Oct 2008 19:09 #30126

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Most prints of Duchess are in 35 mm..They must mean that all 355mm are out but you can get a digital print....

Re:first time booking experience \"we only have a digital print\" 21 Oct 2008 10:45 #30136

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Kind of interesting, how the print count has increased over the weeks... 7, to 55, to 127, to 1,207.

How is this done? Does the studio gage response and order prints a couple of weeks out? Do they strike all 1,200, and only release a few?

Re:first time booking experience \"we only have a digital print\" 21 Oct 2008 13:28 #30138

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I would think on Duchess that 80 % were prints and 20 % were digital..Many art films as released in 2 or 3 tiers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction