Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Bringing 3DTV to homes
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bringing 3DTV to homes

Bringing 3DTV to homes 09 Sep 2008 17:22 #29916

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
The cover story for EE Times magazine (just arrived today) is about bringing 3D to TV's. Even though it's not a theater publication, it announces new emerging technologies and addresses the next step to 3D TV that may very well affect theaters showing movies in 3D. If people can watch 3D movies on their TV's at home, then they have one more reason to skip seeing it in a theater and wait until it is released on DVD (or blu-ray, etc).

This also means that having a digital projector to show special 3D movies may not be so special and may lower the value of having one.

Here is the article:

http://eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=1S2VI0LBLL2ZCQSNDLSCKHA?articleID=210600084
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bringing 3DTV to homes 09 Sep 2008 21:28 #29918

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Since I am not a subscriber I can read the full article. However the into does not paint a good picture for home 3D. It says basically what we have heard before. Sure it will come some day but not soon. It is not even really feasable yet. Few people will accept glasses at home etc....

I think 3D has to catch on in the theatre first and I don't see that happening as much as the film companies want us to think it is.

Re:Bringing 3DTV to homes 10 Sep 2008 10:40 #29925

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
You can click on the second "Not a subscriber" link to view the full article. Then click on the cover of the magazine after it loads.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction