Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: sign letters

sign letters 28 Mar 2000 14:28 #272

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
I very conscentiously engage a sign makes from our area. It is really a great concession sign but the prices etc were put on with sticky back vinyl letters and numbers. It has been over a year and I raised the popcorn prices. I have called and called and he hasn't delivered any new letters. Is there anyone who knows of a place on the net where I could possibly get these? They are 1 and half inches in blue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: sign letters 28 Mar 2000 15:44 #273

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Need a little more information. I think that of course there's a source on the web but you have to know the mfg. or the name of the product. Try http://www.thomasregister.com/ which is a huge industrial company search engine. If you can't find it there it probably does not exist. Or callanother local signmaker, bad mouth the one who won't return calls, and they'll help!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: sign letters 28 Mar 2000 18:03 #274

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
I don't have a clue as to the mfg. And he's the only sign maker in the county. sigh. I will try the link you gave me. Thank you bunches.
Nancy

Re: sign letters 28 Mar 2000 20:08 #275

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Try these guys:

Bass Industries
380 NE 67th St.
Miami, Florida 33138
1-800-346-8575

Re: sign letters 28 Mar 2000 20:37 #276

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
What kind of sign do you have? It was unclear from your posting. Do the letters slide into a track? Do the letters stick onto a ribbed surface using little feet attached to the backide of each letter? If its the latter, these letters are available at greater office supply stores as a kit, or your Pepsi distributor can get them. Bass Industries is expensive, so is Mainstreet Menu Boards. If you have a good printer,and graphics program, you could print what you need on transparency sheets and cut to fit (if a slide track menu board system).17 bucks buys you alot of text and pricing and you can customize it to boot! I am currently making a backlit COMBO sign for our concession area using the transparency method.

Re: sign letters 29 Mar 2000 06:04 #277

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
I went to search on the net and popped in "sign supplier" and came up with a bunch. www.rjsign.com was one. Here's the problem. Sign makers, people who letter vehicles, etc. they all use computer programs to pick, design, print, and cut automatically on vinyl stick on material. My suggest would be to peel one off, and mail it to someone with an order for what letters you wanted.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: sign letters 29 Mar 2000 16:40 #278

• nancypu
  • Junior Boarder
I'm going to try each and every one of your suggestions. Maybe I could get a whole set plus some extras. Letters that is. The concession sign we have replaces the two Pepsi signs with tracks. It's smooth, no ridges of any kind. I was surprised when he installed it that we didn't get any extra numbers in case we wanted to change prices. But maybe he thought we wouldn't change the prices if we couldn't. <G> He is a regular here. Just wish I knew what font he used. He told me he'd get them to me but it's been six weeks now. grrr

Re: sign letters 29 Mar 2000 20:38 #279

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Nancy, most signage uses the font named Helvetica. Your home computer probably doesn't have it loaded as a font, but Intrepid is very close.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction