Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MEGIDDO

MEGIDDO 01 Oct 2001 19:45 #2243

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Several of my patrons have asked me to get MEGIDDO. Does anyone know who the distributor is? I sent an email via the TBN/MEGIDDO website, but have not received a response.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MEGIDDO 01 Oct 2001 20:54 #2244

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We have been getting requests for this movie at the Franklin Plaza theater in Shelton, Wash. also.

There is no phone number listed for a distributor, just a contact page: www.8x.com/contact

Some of the film bookers up here haven't even heard of the movie!

Re: MEGIDDO 02 Oct 2001 06:24 #2245

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We started trying to book this movie 2 weeks before its opening date and did the same research that you did. Our booker was given the name of the company 8X Entertainment and was unable to raise anyone there. She contacted others in the industry who advised her that they were unreliable. Since they never returned any of her phone calls and the movie was scheduled into all the really big plexes, we gave up. We think that 8X contacted all the major chains directly for booking.

Re: MEGIDDO 02 Oct 2001 08:26 #2246

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
A number of the smaller distribs had offices in the area of the WTC. Phones were taken out but are mostly back up. Also: a lot of people actually live around this area and have been turned upside down. Think: Tribeca, West Village, SoHo....it is a disaster area. I looked for them also: no good.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: MEGIDDO 02 Oct 2001 09:41 #2247

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
If you look at the list of theaters playing the movie, it's scheduled to end it's run in many of them on October 4th.

I looked through my Boxoffice magazine Buyer's Directory and the distributor, Gener8Xion Entertainment isn't even listed.

According to the 8x.com website, the movie is actually called, "Megiddo: The Omega Code 2".
www.megiddothefilm.com
www.8x.com/index_html.asp

Re: MEGIDDO 02 Oct 2001 10:03 #2248

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
Just looked through the August 2001 issue of Boxoffice and on page 21 it profiles Matthew Crouch, the producer. The story mentions the distributor is Providence Entertainment and they are listed in Boxoffice.

Providence Entertainment
13801 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, Calif. 91423
(818) 728-9700
fax: 818-728-9710
email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
URL: www.providencefilms.com

Re: MEGIDDO 02 Oct 2001 17:28 #2249

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Providence did handle the first movie "The Omega Code" but has nothing to do with this one. Trust me, my booker has tried this route.

Reading the website for "Megiddo" very carefully shows that they will contact movie theaters themselves when enough interest is generated in a community by the volunteers. The volunteers (sign up on the website) need to guarantee a certain number of tickets will be sold in the community and then 8X will contact a theater. If you are the only one in the community, I am sure that they will find you. However, if you are in a heavily populated area, they are undoubtedly going to go for the big guys like they have around here. If they don't deal through bookers, then they must find you in various theater directories - hope your address is good!

It seems to me that community people should be directed to "volunteer" on the website thus channeling them away from you (because you can't do anything) and towards their goal of getting the movie into their local area.

BTW - we tried to contact them in early September before Sept. 11th - so terrorism isn't the reason they weren't calling back.

Re: MEGIDDO 04 Oct 2001 01:17 #2250

I have been getting calls on this movie as well and my booker has had a hard time getting it booked or even just finding out the info. on it. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who has had problems with this.

Re: MEGIDDO 24 Oct 2001 15:16 #2251

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I got a lead on booking this. Send your inquiries to:

Wayne Rodriguez
Marketing
8X Entertainment www.8x.com

He will forward your request on to the booker handling distribution. Techno' is handling the one sheets and distribution.
Guess what day is available for booking it? (Nov. 16--gee isn't something else big coming out that day?)

Re: MEGIDDO 29 Oct 2001 10:34 #2252

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Wayne is the right person to contact if you are still interested in MEGIDDO. I did get it booked for later in November.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction