Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Sneaking into theaters
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sneaking into theaters

Sneaking into theaters 30 Aug 2000 16:06 #2211

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Have you seen the Guide to Sneaking into Theaters? http://www.geocities.com/moviesneak/. It goes into detail on how to movie hop, get into R rated moveies even tells you what to wear to do it. There is really nothing new in it, but it is interesting.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sneaking into theaters 31 Aug 2000 16:35 #2212

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Oh boy. We find 6000 ways that they sneak in and all are listed on the site. We rubber stamp kids and the only way they get in the dorr and get stamped is to have a unripped ticket. They still figure ways around it!

We caught a kid with a wallet full of different colored ticket stubs!

They don't crash the exits which is what we used to do. In the old days of 2000 seat theatres you could disappear but in a 200 seater you can't hide.

The sneak site is right: it's easy to sneak in.

Do they sneak into yours?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Sneaking into theaters 19 Oct 2001 11:26 #2213

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
It's amazing! Not only do I find kids trying to hope, but adults, who should know better, try to get away with at times. But it's clear that the kids do it more skill at it. Most times they get caught, but some get through. I think they have that fight authority thing going, we all went through. Hopefully, by the time you reach adulthood your past that.

Re: Sneaking into theaters 19 Oct 2001 16:45 #2214

Most ingenious I saw was some one bought a ticket took it home scanned it and printed it out on thier printer. Our Usher caught it but only after the people had dissappeared into the crowded theatre

Re: Sneaking into theaters 22 Oct 2001 09:00 #2215

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We have an old fashioned ticket booth on the sidewalk and you can walk by, especially on a cold or rainy night, and come into the theatre before you you realize you walked past it. WE notice then that since we don't tear tiks except on FRI/SAT that some people just continue on in for free. The tik seller is supposed to keep an eye on the door.

CONFESSIONAL: When I lived in Boston in 1969-70-etc. we'd wait outside the Cheri theatres and ask for stubs as people came out and then just waddle back in waving our stub. Or: We used to chip in and send a guy in and he'd pop the exit door and we'd flood in and scatter! This is why it is hard to put one over on me now.

Still: There is no fool proof security for dedicated gate crashers.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Sneaking into theaters 24 Oct 2001 12:03 #2216

Oh Mike! I don't believe that! You, sneaking into a movie? No Way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction