Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Birthday Parties and Private Events
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Birthday Parties and Private Events

Birthday Parties and Private Events 21 Oct 2001 03:34 #2196

I was wondering how you guys handled and organized private showings for birthday parties, special showings for schools, etc. How do you handle pricing guidelines, what items do you offer? This is something that I have been wanting to get off the ground. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Birthday Parties and Private Events 21 Oct 2001 22:17 #2197

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Birthday Parties

We do about ten birthday parties a year. We could do one or more a week, as people are always asking about them, but I just don't want to take the time as most of ours are done during normal dark time... Saturday mornings! (I don't like to get up too early Saturday mornings)

Remember that we are 2nd run, and that makes it a bit easier for us, as we only charge $3.00/$2.50 and $1.50. Matinees are all seats $1.50 and most birthday parties are matinees if not mornings. If the feature of the week is appropreiate, we charge them the normal ticket price, and allow them to stay for an extra hour after the show for cake and ice cream etc. (which they bring). The extra time is charged at $25.00 per hour. When we do a private party, which most are, we again charge $25.00 per hour for a minimum of two hours, plus charge $50.00 for an hours worth of cartoons. They again bring their own food and beverages and help in clean up. So they get the theatre for two hours including an hour of cartoons for $100.00. I use no staff other then myself, and the cost for electric and heat is about $25.00. They love it, and I make $75.00 profit, but lose a little sleep. We do them from 10 am till noon on Saturday mornings. We open at 12:30 for matinees so we have just enough time for a quick cleanup.

Re: Birthday Parties and Private Events 22 Oct 2001 09:08 #2198

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We do private parties: we just had a wedding party view "the Wedding Singer" it cost them 550.00 as we charge 200.00 plus expenses and they loved it. Brought their own pizza, we rolled out the red carpet, put their name up in lights. We also do school groups, summer camps, YMCA, etc. on normal dark hours and charge a reduced rate per tik but not too much.

I know a single screen theatre that also has a video projector and he has a very aggressive party sales force and you can rent any movie you want, watch it, have cake, or Jack Daniels!, etc. and they hook up computer games to it as well! They do very well at this.

Our rooms are large!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction