Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Large's big trip to Maine

Large's big trip to Maine 01 Oct 2001 10:12 #2190

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
You may have noticed "Large" has been missing from the forum. That's because he's on the road and far from California. A couple of months ago Large told me, "I'm going sailing with some family in Sept. on the coast of Maine. Are you anywhere near Camden?" Only about 18 miles away. I picked him up Suday afternoon after his 4 day sailing excursion on the Lewis French schooner. She's a really old beautiful traditional wooden 2 masted sailing schooner and they had about 4 days of typical Maine weather. One so-so, one rainer, and two glorious crisp windy clear blue days spent tooling around Penobscot bay which is just pl;ain choked with islands. Wicked scenic. I've never done it on the "skin boats" as they were once called by the locals who appreciate those "summer complaints" deced out in their bikini tops.... but after listening to Large I probably will next summer. Anyway; we toodled up the coast in my Chrysler and went to visit Northeast Historic Film located in The Alamo Theatre in Buscksport where Phil was holding down the beautiful booth. Took a tour from toip to bottom and then grabbed some back roads to my house for some tomato sanwiches. Went down to The Colonial for a tour and wandered around the booths and rooms getting some good advice because Large Knows Tech. Went out for some nice Thai food, had a Large houseguest for the night, and put him on the morning bus out of Dodge. I hope he'll write in a review of Maine and the Colonial. And if you want to know why they call him Large? Because he's about 6'10"! You would not want to sit behind him in a theatre unless it had stadium seating! A very nice visit. So if any of you are ever in the vicinity of my region of Maine? The theatre's open and the coffee is on.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Large's big trip to Maine 01 Oct 2001 18:34 #2191

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, I did!

Maine is a splendid state. All were had by a good time on the Lewis R. French schooner.
We sailed for four days. I ate 2 1/2 lobsters at the lobster bake and I hauled sails and helmed the boat.

At my size you might imagine that the accomidations were a bit claustrophobic.

I had a great time visiting with Mike Hurley and his wife. They have a lovely old home where none of the walls are plumb or straight. I dare say that the accomidations were vastly supperior to the ones on the boat. Their theatre is charming and I must say, very clean.

I'm going back to Santa Rosa and cracking the whip on the cleaning. The third theatre is a masterwork of clever design. They also have the cleanest Brenkerts I have enver seen.

I look forward to meeting you again at Show East and swaping more tales.

I will have pictures to post when I return to Santa Rosa. I am taking a few days to visit with my father in Washington DC. I am off to see the Smithsonian.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited October 20, 2001).]

Re: Large's big trip to Maine 01 Oct 2001 18:58 #2192

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Yes but how about those tortises?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Large's big trip to Maine 04 Oct 2001 01:38 #2193

Wow...I am jealous. I would love to take a trip to Maine. I have heard it is a beautiful state and is home to some nice theatres. Maybe one day I will get to make a trip up that way....

Re: Large's big trip to Maine 05 Oct 2001 12:53 #2194

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
Gee Mike, I wasn't going to mention your illegal fetishes on an open forum.

Re: Large's big trip to Maine 20 Oct 2001 14:50 #2195

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
I finaly posted new pictures in the body of my story above.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction