Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Directories

Directories 19 Jul 2000 13:41 #2183

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I was poking around Biggiescreen's directories section and noticed that some of youse guys... mssr. Avalon... have not gone in and activated their directory listing. It's free and makes it easy for people to find you. We'll be adverting next month on IMDB and other sites so list away. Did I mention that when you list yourself that hot linking to your web site and e-mail is free? As in "cost's nothing = free".......

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Directories 19 Jul 2000 14:24 #2184

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I tried listing Rialto Cinemas Lakeside in the directory but now I can't find myself. (a standard problem) Also you have a zillion listings of theatres that I have never heard of. Where did you find them? Again, we aren't listed.

How does it work?

Re: Directories 19 Jul 2000 22:17 #2185

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, sure Mike. Pick on me in front of the class. Good thing you're sending me a T-shirt or I'd have to pout. And besides, I JUST registered.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Directories 20 Jul 2000 18:13 #2186

• Mike
  • Administrator
What does not kill us makes us strong! I checked Rialto Lakeside and there it was large (no pun) and lifelike! We're still working out kinks and I noticed it won't search Ca for California or even a state search... i.e. it won't tell you anything about Idaho unless the name of the theatre is The Idaho Star or something. Doesn';t seem very helpful if you wanted to find a theatre in the neighborhood. We're working on it.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Directories 27 Jul 2000 11:09 #2187

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
How do you know if you've activated your directory listing? I've been in there couple of times and nothing seems to change, so maybe I am doing something wrong? Also, you have me listed twice, one under the corporation name and one under our DBA name. They have different addresses, 1 being our mailing address and 1 the physical address, so I think if I could figure out how to do it, they could be combined somehow. I, too, would like to know where you found all those theaters. That's a massive list and I'm only been under the independants. Lots of work for someone. Thanks. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Directories 27 Jul 2000 11:36 #2188

• Mike
  • Administrator
We hand entered the vast majority of the directories! We also bought a mailing list and merged them and so we ended up with duplicates and DBA names and any mistakes that natually occur are there also! The best thing to do is send (although in this case we'll take a look) an e-mail. If you're not there when you submitted it's odd. We'll be watching. Why enter your theatre or festival or company? So that people can find you!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Directories 19 Oct 2001 11:37 #2189

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
UPDATE: To all theater owners who visit our site. Take a few moments to check and see if your in our directory. If you are and you don't have a description to go with your theater you can email me one and I'd be glad to ad it for you.
If your not there you can send me your info and I'll but it in for you. Its free, easy, why not. Work me to death!!!!

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction