Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lobby Music

Lobby Music 04 Oct 2001 12:46 #2179

What kind of lobby music do you play at your theatre? Can you pick your own or do you have a special CD/tape you have to play? At mine, we use the DMG Theatre Radio Network CDs but it gets VERY tiring hearing it over and over and over for a month at a time. Does anyone know anything about DMG?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lobby Music 04 Oct 2001 16:54 #2180

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Depending on how big a location or the proximity location to the music copyright people such as ascap you will be cahrged a lisc fee to have a radio, cd's, tapes, or live music. When I had a bar a huge guy, Clay, showed up and gave me his ASCAP card and said "You have live music and you've got to pay." A lot of beers later over the next five years and he let me slide. But they will NEVER let slide a corporate chain business be it movie, bank, etc. etc. This is how musicians get paid. ASCAP is their protection. This is also where MUZAK, radio staions, elevator music, and juke boxes come from: they are all liscensed by ASCAP and BMI. The disc you are talking about is clearly a liscensed disc provided by a company that paid and sells.

"The land is wide and the emperor is far away" So........since we are in a small town? WE have a 5 disc cd with compilations of popular music on random and that's what we play and when we get sick of one or two or three we get new cds.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Lobby Music 04 Oct 2001 17:16 #2181

Ours was provided by a service each month in order to make sure the liscenses were paid.

Re: Lobby Music 19 Oct 2001 10:40 #2182

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Fortunately I have a large collection of music which I can burn onto blank CDs. I try to have different catagories so I can fit them to the movies I'm playing at any given time. I enjoy doing this, music is another one of my passions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction